What readers think of A Great and Terrible Beauty, plus links to write your own review.

A Great and Terrible Beauty

by Libba Bray

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray X
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Dec 2003, 416 pages
    Mar 2005, 432 pages

There are currently 65 reader reviews for A Great and Terrible Beauty

cydney

this book was one of the best i have ever read.i read nonstop for 2 days!!
Trish

Absoloutly loved this book, dont ever hestitate to read it.
Cydney

This book is great for teens, the vocabulary is so rich it drags you in with the first sentance. This book is so captivating it leaves you happy and satisfied at the end, but at the same time making you want to beg for more. A Great and Terrible beauty makes you drink in all it has to say throughout the whole book, and at the end makes you feel like there was something great accomplished with this book.
isabel

I have to say that this book was really cool. I loved the setting and the time too. First I didn't understand why was it called A Great And Terrible Beauty but as I read more I began to understand. I really think you (whoever is reading) should read this book. It's about adventures, dangers, secrets, enchanted worlds but most of all about the power of a mysterious girl.
c.c.

I never thought that I could say I have a favoite book, but this one was fantastic. I couldn't put it down so I brought it everywhere and stayed up late so I could finish it in three days. I recomend it to anyone. In fact, when I was done I had my mom read it and she loved it and than I suggested to a friend and it turns out that she already read it and loved it! Not only did I love the captivating element of the mystery and the setting of victorian england, but I think the author is a very talented writer and this book is a great peice of liturature. Even if you don't like fantasy books, the author made every thing seem so real when she expressed the emotions of the charecters. It had a powerful element of love and friendship and all the chapters left me hanging, which makes it even more exciting. I am so glad I stumbled by it at the book storte!
viOlet

this is my favorite book of all time now. i love it because it has everything. love, friendship, mystery, horror, and the setting of a place filled with a silent wonder which draws in the reader immediatley. i think the characters are so realistic and they exist in the lives somewhere for everyone. i cant wait for the next book!! and maybe a movie??
Catherine

We had to pick a book to read in English, and i saw this and thought it looked alright, but it was smashing!! It was great from the begining i couldnt put it down.
Chelsea

I loved this book. I let my friends borrow it and they all loved it too. The book is captivating and I couldn't put it down.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Seek You
    Seek You
    by Kristen Radtke
    In the first pages of Seek You: A Journey Through American Loneliness, Kristen Radtke's sophomore ...
  • Book Jacket: The Man Who Hated Women
    The Man Who Hated Women
    by Amy Sohn
    If debates over women's reproductive health seem stuck in an earlier era — the fact that birth...
  • Book Jacket: The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois
    The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois
    by Honorée Fannone Jeffers
    Honorée Fannone Jeffers' The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois explores the Black experience in ...
  • Book Jacket: Beautiful World, Where Are You
    Beautiful World, Where Are You
    by Sally Rooney
    Beautiful World, Where Are You centers around four key characters, the most prominent of which are ...

In Every Mirror She's Black
by Lola Akinmade Akerstrom
An arresting debut for anyone looking for insight into what it means to be a Black woman in the world.

Never Saw Me Coming
    by Vera Kurian

"Fun, entertaining and hard to put down."
    The New York Journal of Books

Blind Man's Bluff
    by James Tate Hill

A writer's humorous and often-heartbreaking tale of losing his sight—and how he hid it from the world.

Win This Book!
Win A Most Clever Girl

A Most Clever Girl by Stephanie Marie Thornton

A thrilling novel of love and espionage, based on the incredible true story of a Cold War double agent.

Run T G