What readers think of A Great and Terrible Beauty, plus links to write your own review.

by Libba Bray

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray X
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Dec 2003, 416 pages
    Mar 2005, 432 pages

There are currently 65 reader reviews for A Great and Terrible Beauty

Vicky

Oh the great and terrible beauty of it!
This is an outstanding book from an unforgettable trilogy. The story is gripping and keeps you begging for more. It's the kind of story where you just want to tune out the rest of the world, crawl under the covers, and read from start to finish. Libba Bray has you falling in love with all the characters and blurs the line of good and evil to the point that you're not sure whose side your on. This is one of my favorite books of all time and I recommend it to everyone, but mostly to teenage girls like me! I also think that you should read it if you enjoy Stephenie Meyer's series. Begin reading this book and open your mind to the realms.
Gemma

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!
I love this book! It is sooo good.I wasn't sure if I would like it when I first read it because I don't read a lot. My mom got it for me because of my name. Now, I have the second and the third book and I just started to read the third one. I recommend it to the anyone who read both books and liked them.
Hillary

A Great and Terrible Beauty
This book was absolutely amazing, and one that I quickly devoured. The book really made me think about how times have changed and how young women of today are treated much differently. "A Great and Terrible Beauty" is a "must-read" for teenage girls, as it is gripping, thrilling, extremely well-written, and it portrays the characters as real people. Gemma Doyle has admirable qualities, but also some faults, making this book quite accurate and lifelike. A great read!!
Reba

WOW
When I read this book I started to look at things differently. I wish I had such a power to enter the realms and had friends that could believe with me. Gemma, Ann, Pippa, and Felicity are so real in a Victorian sense. I loved the whole book, except Katrik hardly fit into the story lines, except for his small warning notes, his brother, and Gemmas burning sexual craving towards him. Overall this is one of the best books have ever read, keep them coming! I cant wait to read "Rebel Angels"!!!
Dakota

WOO!
I really enjoyed this book. It only took me three days to read it because I kept wanting to read more. I am actually writing a book report on A Great and Terrible Beauty right now! :D
mariah

Wow
I am now reading this book for the 3rd time. it is amazing. I thought reading it over for thew 3rd time would be boring but this book is still getting my adrenaline flowing just like the 1st time. a must read for any teenager. great if you like fantasy, adventure or girly, gossipy novels!
Jazie

WOW.
Libba Bray is one of my fvotite authors and the story of Gemma Doyle is amazing. The charctures are so lifelike. The plot keeps me turning the pages again and again. Can't wait for book 3. Read Rebel Angels everyone.
Lauren

A great and terrible review for Libba Bray
This book was a beautiful blend of romance, magic, horror, and English Schoolgirl. I really liked the way the characters and ideas were strung together in this novel. I really believe that this one is a "New York Times Bestseller."

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Seek You
    Seek You
    by Kristen Radtke
    In the first pages of Seek You: A Journey Through American Loneliness, Kristen Radtke's sophomore ...
  • Book Jacket: The Man Who Hated Women
    The Man Who Hated Women
    by Amy Sohn
    If debates over women's reproductive health seem stuck in an earlier era — the fact that birth...
  • Book Jacket: The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois
    The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois
    by Honorée Fannone Jeffers
    Honorée Fannone Jeffers' The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois explores the Black experience in ...
  • Book Jacket: Beautiful World, Where Are You
    Beautiful World, Where Are You
    by Sally Rooney
    Beautiful World, Where Are You centers around four key characters, the most prominent of which are ...

In Every Mirror She's Black
by Lola Akinmade Akerstrom
An arresting debut for anyone looking for insight into what it means to be a Black woman in the world.

A Million Things
    by Emily Spurr

"An impressively assured debut. A gem of a novel."
    —Graeme Simsion, author of The Rosie Project

The Lost Notebook of Edouard Manet
    by Maureen Gibbon

A sensual portrait of Manet's last years, and a vibrant testament of the artistic spirit.

Win This Book!
Win A Most Clever Girl

A Most Clever Girl by Stephanie Marie Thornton

A thrilling novel of love and espionage, based on the incredible true story of a Cold War double agent.

Run T G