What readers think of The Kite Runner, plus links to write your own review.

by Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini X
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Jun 2003, 368 pages
    Apr 2004, 384 pages

There are currently 77 reader reviews for The Kite Runner

sama

the kite runner
When I read this book, I thought I'm a kite runner. Because this interesting book pulled me after itself like a kite...congratulations to Khaled Hoseini for this amazing book.
M. from Whidbey

The Kite Runner
The Kite Runner is the best historical fiction novel I have ever read, though I haven't read many. It makes me think of what is ACTUALLY happening in Afghanistan. Hosseini's subtle yet bold wording makes some scenes very hard to read. Yet I couldn't put the book down! And that's what a great book should do. I was late to dinner by 30 MINS because I was so into the book! This is one book that will have me thinking for a long time.
Emma

Amazing
The Kite Runner is by far the greatest book I have ever read. Absolute perfection.
Garrison

The Kite Runner
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini was one of the most intriguing, attention grabbing books I have ever read. This vivid tale is about two young boys, Amir and Hassan, growing up in Afghanistan and their adventures of kite running and kite fighting.

As I read the book, I felt so connected and attached to the characters, almost as if I was living in their world. I also learned a lot about Middle Eastern culture and lifestyle. The only negative part of the book was the rape scenes that were a bit graphic and explicit. Overall the book was outstanding and made you want more, a must read.
Diana

Thank you!
This book gave me a glimpse of what life was like 30 years ago in Afghanistan and it validates a reason for our troops to be there now. I wish we could end the war now but how could we turn our backs on these people? This book will be a must read this summer for our family.
Rater

Amazing novel!
This book is a wonderful book. It depicts the conflicts about other countries, as well as self-conflict that these children and families deal with everyday. Overall, a wonderful story line and a great pleasure read.
dr.saqib

serene and calm
The Kite Runner steals your heart away. It's written in such a detached way from today's fast life with the characters developing slowly, powerfully and eventually becoming a part of yours. You are able to connect with the novel so emotionally that the characters almost seem like a part of your life. You feel pity for some, anger for others, and heave a sigh of relief in the very end. Very satisfying experience
Diane

studying the kite runner
The Kite Runner is a great book to study at any level. I am studying it for English Literature A.S. level. At times the book is shocking, so be prepared for an array of emotions, such is the power of the book. The book is rich in characterisation and manages to shed some light on the troubles of Afghanistan.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: African Europeans
    African Europeans
    by Olivette Otele
    The nexus of Africans and Europeans is not a recent historical development. Rather, the peoples of ...
  • Book Jacket: The Killing Hills
    The Killing Hills
    by Chris Offutt
    The personified hills of the novel's title foreshadow the mood of this brooding and ominous tale. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Vixen
    The Vixen
    by Francine Prose
    Recent Harvard graduate Simon Putnam has been rejected from grad school and has thus returned to his...
  • Book Jacket: How the Word Is Passed
    How the Word Is Passed
    by Clint Smith
    With legislatures around the U.S. rushing to ban the teaching of critical race theory, it's clear ...

The War Nurse
by Tracey Enerson Wood
A sweeping novel by an international bestselling author based on a true World War I story.

The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    by Kristin Harmel

An evocative coming-of-age World War II story from the author of The Book of Lost Names.

The Temple House Vanishing
    by Rachel Donohue

A modern gothic page-turner set in a Victorian mansion in Ireland.

Win This Book!
Win Gordo

Gordo by Jaime Cortez

"Dark and hilarious ... singular and soaring ... Hands down, top debut of 2021."—Literary Hub

N Say N