MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Kite Runner, plus links to write your own review.

by Khaled Hosseini

Jun 2003, 368 pages
    Apr 2004, 384 pages

There are currently 75 reader reviews for The Kite Runner

Emma (10/23/12)

Amazing
The Kite Runner is by far the greatest book I have ever read. Absolute perfection.
Garrison (03/12/11)

The Kite Runner
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini was one of the most intriguing, attention grabbing books I have ever read. This vivid tale is about two young boys, Amir and Hassan, growing up in Afghanistan and their adventures of kite running and kite fighting.

As I read the book, I felt so connected and attached to the characters, almost as if I was living in their world. I also learned a lot about Middle Eastern culture and lifestyle. The only negative part of the book was the rape scenes that were a bit graphic and explicit. Overall the book was outstanding and made you want more, a must read.
Denise Forshaw (02/09/11)

The stoning.
The stoning in 'The Kite Runner' is horrific and not needed in order to punish someone for adultery that happens in everyday life.
Diana (06/11/10)

Thank you!
This book gave me a glimpse of what life was like 30 years ago in Afghanistan and it validates a reason for our troops to be there now. I wish we could end the war now but how could we turn our backs on these people? This book will be a must read this summer for our family.
Rater (01/22/10)

Amazing novel!
This book is a wonderful book. It depicts the conflicts about other countries, as well as self-conflict that these children and families deal with everyday. Overall, a wonderful story line and a great pleasure read.
dr.saqib (06/27/09)

serene and calm
The Kite Runner steals your heart away. It's written in such a detached way from today's fast life with the characters developing slowly, powerfully and eventually becoming a part of yours. You are able to connect with the novel so emotionally that the characters almost seem like a part of your life. You feel pity for some, anger for others, and heave a sigh of relief in the very end. Very satisfying experience
Diane (04/28/09)

studying the kite runner
The Kite Runner is a great book to study at any level. I am studying it for English Literature A.S. level. At times the book is shocking, so be prepared for an array of emotions, such is the power of the book. The book is rich in characterisation and manages to shed some light on the troubles of Afghanistan.
vipul (03/19/09)

a collegian review
The plot has been carved articulately on the lands and lakes of Afghanistan, encompassing the emotions of love, struggle, faith, redemption, loyalty in a very subtle manner. if you love reading ironies as i do then its a handy book to have in your book-shelf/PC

• Book Jacket: Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    by Chris Cleave
    I've always been interested in the history of the Blitz, the period of intense aerial raids of ...
  • Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

Spinster
by Kate Bolick

A bold, original, moving book that will inspire fanatical devotion and ignite debate.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

I I A Sign O T T