Reader reviews and comments on The Kite Runner, plus links to write your own review.

The Kite Runner

by Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini X
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Jun 2003, 368 pages
    Apr 2004, 384 pages

There are currently 77 reader reviews for The Kite Runner

Danielle

All I can say is that this is one of the best written, heartwrenching stories that I have ever ever read. It is the work of a genius.
Susan Linerode

This book was great. It was very interesting to read about the culture and struggles within Afghanistan in light of current events. This was a book that was very thought provoking and the story of redemption was told in such a wonderful manner. I couldn't put it down and would highly reccomend it!
juanita

Khaled Hosseini's debut novel is, in a word, stunning. I read this book straight through last night and many of the images Hosseini created remain imprinted on my mind. His prose is lyrical, yet simple and reminded me of one of my favorite books of all time, Angela's Ashes. Unlike Agela's Ashes, however, the book is not autobiographical, but it seemed immensly personal. The plot was touching, but not overly sentimental and I immensly enjoyed the way in which he weaved in the political and the social.
Nabil Amin

I think this book is awesome, being a US-born afghan, this book has taught me a lot
Firefighterlady

I just completed reading this book tonight. What an absolutely wonderful book!! It definitely touches the soul.

The book captured me after the first few pages. The writing is so vivid, it appears as though you are actually in the story. Because of the recent happenings in the Middle East, I was able to identify with the names of the towns and sects of people.

This book will definitely be one that I will remember and think back on for a long time. The relationship between the characters is very moving. There are several twists to the story which will take you by surprise and startle you.

Excellent read!!
NTK

The Kite Runner is a beautifully written book that touches the soul. It is an endearing, melancholic, thought provoking piece of literature that I will always treasure.
Denise Forshaw

The stoning.
The stoning in 'The Kite Runner' is horrific and not needed in order to punish someone for adultery that happens in everyday life.
vipul

a collegian review
The plot has been carved articulately on the lands and lakes of Afghanistan, encompassing the emotions of love, struggle, faith, redemption, loyalty in a very subtle manner. if you love reading ironies as i do then its a handy book to have in your book-shelf/PC

• Book Jacket: Becoming
    Becoming
    by Michelle Obama
    Voted 2019 Best Nonfiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

BookBrowse hosted a Book Club ...
  • Book Jacket: Butterfly Yellow
    Butterfly Yellow
    by Thanhha Lai, Daniel Suarez
    Voted 2019 Best Young Adult Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

As readers, many of us hope ...
  • Book Jacket: Olive, Again
    Olive, Again
    by Elizabeth Strout
    Voted 2019 Best Fiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

It's been a big year for literary ...
  • Book Jacket: Solitary
    Solitary
    by Albert Woodfox
    Voted 2019 Best Debut Author Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

According to statistics from ...

Book Club
Evening in Paradise
by Lucia Berlin

"Berlin's new book is a marvel, filled with deeply touching stories about lives on the fringes."—NPR

The In-Betweens
    by Mira Ptacin

"A fascinating history of an American community of Spiritualists... a fabulous read."
    —Elizabeth Gilbert

Win Butterfly Yellow

BUTTERFLY YELLOW

Winner of the BookBrowse Award for Best Young Adult Novel, and the overall highest rated book of the year!

The Big Holiday Wordplay