What readers think of The Kite Runner, plus links to write your own review.

The Kite Runner

by Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini X
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Jun 2003, 368 pages
    Apr 2004, 384 pages

There are currently 77 reader reviews for The Kite Runner

Danielle

All I can say is that this is one of the best written, heartwrenching stories that I have ever ever read. It is the work of a genius.
Susan Linerode

This book was great. It was very interesting to read about the culture and struggles within Afghanistan in light of current events. This was a book that was very thought provoking and the story of redemption was told in such a wonderful manner. I couldn't put it down and would highly reccomend it!
juanita

Khaled Hosseini's debut novel is, in a word, stunning. I read this book straight through last night and many of the images Hosseini created remain imprinted on my mind. His prose is lyrical, yet simple and reminded me of one of my favorite books of all time, Angela's Ashes. Unlike Agela's Ashes, however, the book is not autobiographical, but it seemed immensly personal. The plot was touching, but not overly sentimental and I immensly enjoyed the way in which he weaved in the political and the social.
Nabil Amin

I think this book is awesome, being a US-born afghan, this book has taught me a lot
Firefighterlady

I just completed reading this book tonight. What an absolutely wonderful book!! It definitely touches the soul.

The book captured me after the first few pages. The writing is so vivid, it appears as though you are actually in the story. Because of the recent happenings in the Middle East, I was able to identify with the names of the towns and sects of people.

This book will definitely be one that I will remember and think back on for a long time. The relationship between the characters is very moving. There are several twists to the story which will take you by surprise and startle you.

Excellent read!!
NTK

The Kite Runner is a beautifully written book that touches the soul. It is an endearing, melancholic, thought provoking piece of literature that I will always treasure.
Denise Forshaw

The stoning.
The stoning in 'The Kite Runner' is horrific and not needed in order to punish someone for adultery that happens in everyday life.
vipul

a collegian review
The plot has been carved articulately on the lands and lakes of Afghanistan, encompassing the emotions of love, struggle, faith, redemption, loyalty in a very subtle manner. if you love reading ironies as i do then its a handy book to have in your book-shelf/PC

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Seek You
    Seek You
    by Kristen Radtke
    In the first pages of Seek You: A Journey Through American Loneliness, Kristen Radtke's sophomore ...
  • Book Jacket: The Man Who Hated Women
    The Man Who Hated Women
    by Amy Sohn
    If debates over women's reproductive health seem stuck in an earlier era — the fact that birth...
  • Book Jacket: The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois
    The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois
    by Honorée Fannone Jeffers
    Honorée Fannone Jeffers' The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois explores the Black experience in ...
  • Book Jacket: Beautiful World, Where Are You
    Beautiful World, Where Are You
    by Sally Rooney
    Beautiful World, Where Are You centers around four key characters, the most prominent of which are ...

In Every Mirror She's Black
by Lola Akinmade Akerstrom
An arresting debut for anyone looking for insight into what it means to be a Black woman in the world.

The Last Chance Library
    by Freya Sampson

Fans of libraries and heartfelt, humorous fiction won't want to miss this one!

Blind Man's Bluff
    by James Tate Hill

A writer's humorous and often-heartbreaking tale of losing his sight—and how he hid it from the world.

Harvard is the storehouse of knowledge because the freshmen bring so much in and the graduates take so little out.

Pull Y U B T B