What readers think of The Kite Runner, plus links to write your own review.

The Kite Runner

by Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini X
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Jun 2003, 368 pages

Apr 2004, 384 pages

There are currently 77 reader reviews for The Kite Runner

Danielle

All I can say is that this is one of the best written, heartwrenching stories that I have ever ever read. It is the work of a genius.
Susan Linerode

This book was great. It was very interesting to read about the culture and struggles within Afghanistan in light of current events. This was a book that was very thought provoking and the story of redemption was told in such a wonderful manner. I couldn't put it down and would highly reccomend it!
juanita

Khaled Hosseini's debut novel is, in a word, stunning. I read this book straight through last night and many of the images Hosseini created remain imprinted on my mind. His prose is lyrical, yet simple and reminded me of one of my favorite books of all time, Angela's Ashes. Unlike Agela's Ashes, however, the book is not autobiographical, but it seemed immensly personal. The plot was touching, but not overly sentimental and I immensly enjoyed the way in which he weaved in the political and the social.
Nabil Amin

I think this book is awesome, being a US-born afghan, this book has taught me a lot
Firefighterlady

I just completed reading this book tonight. What an absolutely wonderful book!! It definitely touches the soul.

The book captured me after the first few pages. The writing is so vivid, it appears as though you are actually in the story. Because of the recent happenings in the Middle East, I was able to identify with the names of the towns and sects of people.

This book will definitely be one that I will remember and think back on for a long time. The relationship between the characters is very moving. There are several twists to the story which will take you by surprise and startle you.

Excellent read!!
NTK

The Kite Runner is a beautifully written book that touches the soul. It is an endearing, melancholic, thought provoking piece of literature that I will always treasure.
Denise Forshaw

The stoning.
The stoning in 'The Kite Runner' is horrific and not needed in order to punish someone for adultery that happens in everyday life.
vipul

a collegian review
The plot has been carved articulately on the lands and lakes of Afghanistan, encompassing the emotions of love, struggle, faith, redemption, loyalty in a very subtle manner. if you love reading ironies as i do then its a handy book to have in your book-shelf/PC

Join BookBrowse today to start discovering exceptional books!

• Book Jacket: The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    by Franny Choi
    Calamity can cohabit with joy, and you and I have, on some plane, accepted that absurd reality. We ...
  • Book Jacket: Bloodbath Nation
    Bloodbath Nation
    by Paul Auster
    In recent years, Booker Prize­–nominated novelist Paul Auster has increasingly turned to ...
  • Book Jacket: The Nazi Conspiracy
    The Nazi Conspiracy
    by Brad Meltzer, Josh Mensch
    The Nazi Conspiracy by Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch was a big hit with our First Impressions readers...
    Yonder
    by Jabari Asim
    The captivating historical novel Yonder turns an intimate lens towards the tragedy and survivorship ...

The Mitford Affair
by Marie Benedict
An explosive novel of history's most notorious sisters, one of whom will have to choose: her country or her family?

Members Recommend

Margot
    by Wendell Steavenson

A young woman struggles to break free of her upper-class upbringing amid the whirlwind years of the sexual revolution.

Moonrise Over New Jessup
    by Jamila Minnicks

"Jamila Minnicks pulled me into pages of history I'd never turned before."—Barbara Kingsolver

Wade in the Water
    by Nyani Nkrumah

A gripping debut novel of female power and vulnerability, race, and class set in a small Mississippi town in the early 1980s.

It's A G T Me

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it