What readers think of The Kite Runner, plus links to write your own review.

The Kite Runner

by Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini X
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Jun 2003, 368 pages

Apr 2004, 384 pages

There are currently 77 reader reviews for The Kite Runner

Jutharat

the best book ive read...
I finished reading The Kite Runner and i found it beautifully written. I would love to read more of Khaled Hosseini's upcoming books....it was very touching to the heart and I really enjoyed reading through it! Beautiful work on the book!
Michael

One of the very best books I have ever read. Actually it's the best book I've ever read and there isn't even a close second. While the setting of the story is interesting and timely and certainly adds to the experience, the moral messages are what make the book special. The themes of love, betrayal, loyalty, redemption, and courage are pure and raw and cut straight to your soul. While portions of the book are difficult to read due to violent and oftentimes depressing content, the story is ultimately inspirational and sublime. I have never written a book review before and probably never will again. Please read this book! You won't be sorry.
Karen B

This powerful book had a compelling plot that drew the reader into the story. The characters were real and you felt as if you knew them. You journeyed with them through all the ups and downs and felt their joy and sorrow. A real page-turner!!
Hilda

Powerful and unputdownable!
jeff

a hard to put down and overall great book.
mary

I could not put this book down. Haunting and sad, but a wonderful story nonetheless. Fantastic
Karen White

Fabulous, just fabulous
Lisa

After hearing rave reviews of The Kite Runner and having it on my 'To Be Read' pile for quite some time, I finally took the time to read it. I was expecting a depressing read.

I was wrong. The Kite Runner- while laced with pain, betrayal, disappointment, and loss is a book that, in the end, is full of hope, redemption, and love. I left the book not wanting the story to end and cannot wait for Hosseini's next book in 2006.

Join BookBrowse today to start discovering exceptional books!

• Book Jacket: The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    by Franny Choi
    Calamity can cohabit with joy, and you and I have, on some plane, accepted that absurd reality. We ...
  • Book Jacket: Bloodbath Nation
    Bloodbath Nation
    by Paul Auster
    In recent years, Booker Prize­–nominated novelist Paul Auster has increasingly turned to ...
  • Book Jacket: The Nazi Conspiracy
    The Nazi Conspiracy
    by Brad Meltzer, Josh Mensch
    The Nazi Conspiracy by Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch was a big hit with our First Impressions readers...
    Yonder
    by Jabari Asim
    The captivating historical novel Yonder turns an intimate lens towards the tragedy and survivorship ...

The Mitford Affair
by Marie Benedict
An explosive novel of history's most notorious sisters, one of whom will have to choose: her country or her family?

Members Recommend

Margot
    by Wendell Steavenson

A young woman struggles to break free of her upper-class upbringing amid the whirlwind years of the sexual revolution.

Exiles
    by Jane Harper

A captivating new mystery from New York Times bestselling and award-winning author Jane Harper.

Moonrise Over New Jessup
    by Jamila Minnicks

"Jamila Minnicks pulled me into pages of history I'd never turned before."—Barbara Kingsolver

It's A G T Me

When an old man dies, a library burns to the ground.