What readers think of The Kite Runner, plus links to write your own review.

The Kite Runner

by Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini X
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Jun 2003, 368 pages
    Apr 2004, 384 pages

There are currently 77 reader reviews for The Kite Runner

Jutharat

the best book ive read...
I finished reading The Kite Runner and i found it beautifully written. I would love to read more of Khaled Hosseini's upcoming books....it was very touching to the heart and I really enjoyed reading through it! Beautiful work on the book!
Michael

One of the very best books I have ever read. Actually it's the best book I've ever read and there isn't even a close second. While the setting of the story is interesting and timely and certainly adds to the experience, the moral messages are what make the book special. The themes of love, betrayal, loyalty, redemption, and courage are pure and raw and cut straight to your soul. While portions of the book are difficult to read due to violent and oftentimes depressing content, the story is ultimately inspirational and sublime. I have never written a book review before and probably never will again. Please read this book! You won't be sorry.
Karen B

This powerful book had a compelling plot that drew the reader into the story. The characters were real and you felt as if you knew them. You journeyed with them through all the ups and downs and felt their joy and sorrow. A real page-turner!!
Hilda

Powerful and unputdownable!
jeff

a hard to put down and overall great book.
mary

I could not put this book down. Haunting and sad, but a wonderful story nonetheless. Fantastic
Karen White

Fabulous, just fabulous
Lisa

After hearing rave reviews of The Kite Runner and having it on my 'To Be Read' pile for quite some time, I finally took the time to read it. I was expecting a depressing read.

I was wrong. The Kite Runner- while laced with pain, betrayal, disappointment, and loss is a book that, in the end, is full of hope, redemption, and love. I left the book not wanting the story to end and cannot wait for Hosseini's next book in 2006.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: My Monticello
    My Monticello
    by Jocelyn Nicole Johnson
    In the incendiary opening story of My Monticello, Jocelyn Nicole Johnson's debut collection, a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wrong End of the Telescope
    The Wrong End of the Telescope
    by Rabih Alameddine
    Rabih Alameddine's The Wrong End of the Telescope follows Mina, a Lebanese American doctor who ...
  • Book Jacket: Lightning Strike
    Lightning Strike
    by William Kent Krueger
    It is the summer of 1963 in Tamarack County, Minnesota. Just outside the small town of Aurora, ...
  • Book Jacket: Skinship
    Skinship
    by Yoon Choi
    The fine thing about short stories in general is their way of following characters through ...

Morningside Heights
by Joshua Henkin
A tender and big-hearted novel about love in the face of loss, from the award-winning author of The World Without You.

Flesh & Blood
    by N. West Moss

This beautifully written memoir offers insight, understanding, and joy.

Win This Book!
Win Sisters of the Great War

Sisters of the Great War by Suzanne Feldman

A powerful novel of two unconventional American sisters who volunteer at the front during World War I.

Y A B Up T W T