MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Kite Runner, plus links to write your own review.

The Kite Runner

by Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini X
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Jun 2003, 368 pages
    Apr 2004, 384 pages

There are currently 77 reader reviews for The Kite Runner

Jutharat

the best book ive read...
I finished reading The Kite Runner and i found it beautifully written. I would love to read more of Khaled Hosseini's upcoming books....it was very touching to the heart and I really enjoyed reading through it! Beautiful work on the book!
Michael

One of the very best books I have ever read. Actually it's the best book I've ever read and there isn't even a close second. While the setting of the story is interesting and timely and certainly adds to the experience, the moral messages are what make the book special. The themes of love, betrayal, loyalty, redemption, and courage are pure and raw and cut straight to your soul. While portions of the book are difficult to read due to violent and oftentimes depressing content, the story is ultimately inspirational and sublime. I have never written a book review before and probably never will again. Please read this book! You won't be sorry.
Karen B

This powerful book had a compelling plot that drew the reader into the story. The characters were real and you felt as if you knew them. You journeyed with them through all the ups and downs and felt their joy and sorrow. A real page-turner!!
Hilda

Powerful and unputdownable!
jeff

a hard to put down and overall great book.
mary

I could not put this book down. Haunting and sad, but a wonderful story nonetheless. Fantastic
Karen White

Fabulous, just fabulous
Lisa

After hearing rave reviews of The Kite Runner and having it on my 'To Be Read' pile for quite some time, I finally took the time to read it. I was expecting a depressing read.

I was wrong. The Kite Runner- while laced with pain, betrayal, disappointment, and loss is a book that, in the end, is full of hope, redemption, and love. I left the book not wanting the story to end and cannot wait for Hosseini's next book in 2006.

• Book Jacket: Follow Me to Ground
    by Sue Rainsford
    Ada and her father are human-like beings who age slowly and possess the power to heal all illness. ...
  • Book Jacket: Children of the Land
    Children of the Land
    by Marcelo Hernandez Castillo
    In this exquisitely crafted memoir, Marcelo Hernandez Castillo describes coming of age as a young ...
  • Book Jacket: A Good Neighborhood
    A Good Neighborhood
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    After fictionalized biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald (Z, 2013) and Alva Vanderbilt (A Well-Behaved ...
  • Book Jacket: Little Gods
    Little Gods
    by Meng Jin
    Little Gods, Meng Jin's intricate, emotionally intelligent debut, opens with a scene in which ...

The Sun Down Motel
    by Simone St. James

The chilling new novel from the national bestselling and award-winning author of The Broken Girls.

American Dirt
    by Jeanine Cummins

A new American classic, and the first book to ever score a perfect 5-stars in BookBrowse's early reader program!

Father of Lions
by Louise Callaghan

A true-to-life narrative of one man's remarkable quest to save the Mosul Zoo.

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I