What readers think of The Sands of Time, plus links to write your own review.

The Sands of Time

Sep 2002, 288 pages

Oct 2003, 288 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for The Sands of Time

Paul

This book is great, It is a super sequel to "time stops for no mouse". It is very readable for both kids and parents, with a suspensful plot which is truly difficult to put down. Get your hands on a copy fast!
Thomas

I loved The Sands of Time. I loved it because of the suspense, the characters and the animals’ human personality, how you created their world. In Stuart Little, he was just a mouse in a human world. In The Sands of Time the animals had their own world.
One thing I liked was the suspense. For example “Will the lamp stay alight?” or “will they put out the fuse?” Also in the part when you say “will they survive or will they die?” The suspense made me feel like I had to read on. I couldn’t put it down.
I loved the mole. I first thought that he was Dr. Menace. He was very mysterious until you found out more about him. I also liked Linka because she was smart. Also I liked her because she was kind and a good plane pilot. I also liked Hermux. I liked him because he was brave, adventurous, and he was a good friend. He was brave because he kept going even when he was scared.
I like how you gave the animals human personalities; you made them face some of their life’s problems, and made them solve one of their mysteries. They thought they were the first things to make things.
So, as you can see, I loved The Sands of Time because of the suspense, the good characters and how you gave the animals human personalities. I really enjoyed Time Stops For No Mouse as well, and I would recommend both your books to people everywhere who like adventure/mystery books.

Daisy

:-) I loved this book, just like the other one. It makes for a funny,interesting read, and I was so caught up in the book I forgot where I was! The plots of Michael Hoeye's books are wonderful! I can't wait for more. :-)
ashley lewis

it was an excellent book. I could hardly put it down and once i was finished i just had to read it again! = )
BookBrowse

BookBrowse.com - Davina
Hermux, mouse watchmaker, unintentional detective and all round 'good sort',  is off and running on another adventure in Michael Hoeye's follow up to his much acclaimed 'Time Stops For No Mouse'.  Teens and adults - don't be put off by the characters all being rodents, Hoeye's characters are eminently 'human' in all their quirks and foibles, and his humor is very sophisticated. This isn't to say that almost anyone over the age of about 9 wouldn't enjoy the book - they would - just that it is one of those wonderful books that
different age groups can read and appreciate at different levels.
yorgi yorginsen

slow pace at times, hard to read, O.K read :>(
Bogurie Sunshine

This is soo cool~ I wouldn't forget it~
Savannah

Pretty Good
I had to read this book for the fantasy project in my school . It was a little cutesy at first , but the peices of the puzzle fit so well together and it had great characters with interesting names .

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: If I Survive You
    If I Survive You
    by Jonathan Escoffery
  • Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia