What readers think of The Thief Lord, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Oct 2003, 376 pages

There are currently 116 reader reviews for The Thief Lord

Tyler

The Thief Lord
The Thief Lord is a book that kids and many teens will enjoy. I read it first as a sixth grader and have read it over and over again for the past four years. Its a fantasy novel with a twist. The twist is that the fantasy is not in the form of fairies or dragons, but in how the kids live their lives. They are orphans, they live completely independent from adults in an abandoned movie theater and they haven't a care in the world. This book is, in my opinion, a very good competitor for Harry Potter.
Tenzin Norzin

The Thief Lord is indeed, a masterpiece.
This book is fantastic! I love this book as it is a mystery as well as a fantasy, novel, and adventure. I just finished reading this book by Cornelia Funke (the best selling author of INKHEART and INKSPELL)and I want even more! I am sure that anyone who likes fantasy will enjoy reading this book.
mark

Outstanding
This book was thrilling ,amazing, nothing bad except there was a magic merry-go-round but other than that random thing this book was amazing Nothing boring except for the 1st 7 pages! AMAZING
Abby

Great book!!
I thought that this was a wonderful book and I hope that there will be another one!! I just hope that more people read this book. Even if you aren't into books you can certainly get into this one fast! I hope anyone else who reads this book enjoys it as much as I have!
Tommy

An 11 year old's oppinion on the Thief Lord
This was an awesome book! If you like books with action, suspense, and excitement I would strongly recommend this book. Another reason why you should read The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke because you learn Italian while you read it! I'm 11 years old and to be honest I really don't like to read, but when I read this book now I'm excited to read more books! Hopefully I will get to read another Cornelia Funke book! 1 more thing the characters are really cool!
Lorna

The Theif Lord
I really enjoyed reading this book and it is one of the best mystery books I have read in a long time. I liked the characters Scipio and Prosper. Like how Scipio was secretive and how Prosper was so determined to find his brother. This book kept your interest and made you want to read on. It made you visualise the city of Venice with all the descriptions that the author gave us. I would say this book is for the age range of 10-15.
Mick

nice
I personally loved this book but I doubt there will be a sequel. The book just captured my imagination.
Malaurie

the thief lord
I loved this book as soon as I started reading it... it was one of the best books I have read in a very long time... it is a little like mysteries... you just can't stop reading it... I loved this book.. and I cant wait to watch the movie.. Thank you Cornelia for writing a wonderful book for me to read!!!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Swans of Harlem
    The Swans of Harlem
    by Karen Valby
    Journalist Karen Valby's first book, The Swans of Harlem, introduces readers to the little-known ...
  • Book Jacket: The Sicilian Inheritance
    The Sicilian Inheritance
    by Jo Piazza
    Sara Marsala is going through a rough patch, to say the least. In the process of divorcing from her ...
  • Book Jacket: The Light Eaters
    The Light Eaters
    by Zoë Schlanger
    The human race is completely dependent on plants. Many people, however, give little thought to ...
  • Book Jacket: Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    by J Drew Lanham
    As a recipient of the MacArthur "Genius" Grant, and a Professor of Wildlife Ecology and Master ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Romantic Comedy
by Curtis Sittenfeld
A comedy writer's stance on love shifts when a pop star challenges her assumptions in this witty and touching novel.

Members Recommend

This Strange Eventful History
    by Claire Messud

An immersive, masterful story of a family born on the wrong side of history.

Daughters of Shandong
    by Eve J. Chung

Eve J. Chung's debut novel recounts a family's flight to Taiwan during China's Communist revolution.

Win This Book
Win Only the Brave

Only the Brave by Danielle Steel

A powerful, sweeping historical novel about a courageous woman in World War II Germany.

F T a T