Summer Sale! Save 20% today and get access to all our member benefits.

What readers think of The Thief Lord, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Oct 2003, 376 pages

There are currently 116 reader reviews for The Thief Lord

Kirsten

The Thief Lord
I loved the thief lord, I couldn't wait to finish it and when I did I didn't want it to end. I could picture almost every detail of the book and i could picture it being a movie and soon after I finished the book I had found out that it was made into a movie. I can't wait to rent it. I hope to read some more of your books soon, and I hope that I'll enjoy them more as I did with the Thief lord.
Shan

Awesome!
I think that this is a book that everyone should read during their life. This book shows that growing up is a very important in life. It also shows lying to people can get you into a mess especially if you are lying to friends. READ IT!!
eeeeeee

marvelous
This book was excellent. A great happy ending, plotline, etc. But in some ways I agree with Lisa. There are little white lies that were ignored ( Prosper's and Bo's problem with the Hartliebs). It seems too good to be true to be placed aside like that. But I guess that sort of resolution aids the books in the happy ending.
reader

Thief Lord: spectacular
This book was excellent. I read it over 5 times and I still find it as interesting as the first time I read it. I read Cornelia Funke's other books but I can't say that her book Inkheart was good. I wouldn't recommend it.
As many other people mentioned the ending for Thief Lord could've had a better ending. I wished Scipio didn't go on the merry-go-round and it Cornelia Funke could've emphasized on Prosper a bit more. But overall it was a beautiful book. It made magic and fairy tales well, seem possible
oppositepull14

sweet... amazing..
read it..
liked it..

..speechless..
Lauren

Thief Lord and Cornelia Funke
Was a completely enchanting story- however I did not think it would go the direction it went in. That was good but I can see why a person would be disappointed in the ending...I thought that there should have been more on Prosper, I feel that I never really got to know him. Loved the characters Victor and Ida. They were interesting and charming and I think they enlightened the story. Cornelia Funke is a fabulous author- Inkheart and Inkspell are her best works. Did not enjoy Dragon Rider too much - would not recommend that. I would like to see a sequel to Thief Lord and a brand new series. I give Thief Lord a five out of five.Good book!

P.S. Did u know that the book was originally written in German? I recently found that out. You might have known already though.
audrie

Awesome Book!!!!
Even though i haven't read all of it.....I can't put this book down!!!!! It is an awesome mystery and it catches my attension really fast.
Nicholas Adam Harrison-Trent

Good Book
I really like this book.It was very interesting.And the setting was very unique.I`ve never read a book with this kind of setting.My favorite characters were Scripo and Prosper. Bottomline: This is a great book that i enjoyed reading very much. I wish there was a sequel

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Ballad of Jacquotte Delahaye
    The Ballad of Jacquotte Delahaye
    by Briony Cameron
    Our titular heroine's story begins in Yáquimo, Santo Domingo. Jacquotte Delahaye is a young ...
  • Book Jacket: Another Word for Love
    Another Word for Love
    by Carvell Wallace
    "I write about beautiful things because I live in a country that has tried to kill me and every...
    The Flower Sisters
    by Michelle Collins Anderson
    Michelle Collins Anderson's novel The Flower Sisters, based in part on a real tragedy that occurred ...
  • Book Jacket: Craft
    Craft
    by Ananda Lima
    You may have heard about books that are letters to God, but what about books that are letters to the...

BookBrowse Book Club

The 1619 Project
by Nikole Hannah-Jones
An impactful expansion of groundbreaking journalism, The 1619 Project offers a revealing vision of America's past and present.
Win This Book
Win The Bluestockings

The Bluestockings by Susannah Gibson

An illuminating group portrait of the eighteenth-century women who dared to imagine an active life for themselves in both mind and spirit.

A W in S C