Reader reviews and comments on Wonder, plus links to write your own review.

by R.J. Palacio

Tamara Smith

There are currently 15 reader reviews for Wonder

Bryan Arevalo

Wonder
Wonder is the best realistic story about a kid who has many challenges to overcome and this also inspiring because it tells YOU to not judge people how they look and be their friend.
Keagan

Wondering about Wonder
After I finished this book I couldn't stop restarting it again and again. There's just so much you could learn from it and I thought that the more I read it the more I was understanding and learning! I really used the material that I got from it to help make more friends! If it weren't for "Wonder" I would not have my best friend, she is not deformed or anything but I have back problems and I finally got the nerves to hang out with people not of my kind when I read "Wonder"!!!
Bob

Wonder
A very interesting, heartwarming and fantastic book overall.
LaCaiya21

awesomeness
This book is sweet and touching, you should read the second one also.
Tonya

Wonder
It's the best book ever. It made me cry,
RuthW21

My 9 year old absolutely LOVED this book!
This a is fantastic book for older children and teenagers to read. Its about a boy born with deformities and how he manages to get through life. It is written through the eyes of different characters and remains very realistic through out. I did wonder how my daughter would react but it has given her a greater understanding of people with differences and has enthused her to reading. We wait with anticipation for the author's next book. Please make it soon.
Michael Quinn

the best book ever
This book is very good because when you start reading it you wonder what's gonna happen next. And I am a 5th grader.
Shailja J. Datt

Just Wonder
"My name is August. I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it’s probably worse."
Wonder, this book really has the power to move the hearts and change the minds. When I finally finished reading this book it did bring tears in my eyes. This book is engaging not because of the topic but it dealt with but because of the way its written. The best part is the story is written not only by the main character’s perspective but different characters are turned as narrators in different chapters.
It’s a story that asks the readers to find their way to kindness, empathy and love. It is truly an incredible life changing novel. As teachers we come across different set of children each year and some of them are new comers and being humans we can’t really judge what each one of them is thinking. So it becomes really important for us to observe each child’s needs and act accordingly.
It’s a must read for everyone parents, teachers and students…

• Book Jacket: Brass
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck