Reader reviews and comments on 47, plus links to write your own review.

47 by Walter Mosley X
47 by Walter Mosley

May 2005, 240 pages
    Nov 2006, 240 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for 47

Leaha

Perfect
I am doing a fiction book report, and this is by far the best book I have ever read. I really am glad I picked this book for my class.
Shay

A really good book!
I consider this book as one of the best books that I have read so far.
Nancy Jones

An Excellent Depiction of Slavery with a Unique Twist
This was one of the best YA books I read! The depiction of the abuses of slavery was very realistic. The main character was a slave boy who was sent to work in the fields after he finally reached a certain age. Before he had been in the main house, where he had a close relationship with his mother. When he went to the field though, he hardly saw his mother. The other slaves in the field hand's cabins were very discouraged and more than a little rough. Luckily, his mother had some of the main field hands helping him adjust. He worked harder than he ever worked, with little food. The book is saved from being totally depressing when another black boy shows up. He teaches the field hands to believe they are worth more than their masters think, that they should believe in themselves, & have hope (for he predicts it won't always be like it is). A science fiction element is added when we find the boy is not from that time.
Kathy

i donno
I am doing this book for a historical fiction assignment. I liked it (:
Soulstealr

The Review of 47
I am actually quite disappointed with this book. I had to read this for a u.s. history project, so I thought it would just be another slave narrative. that wasn't the case. This is a fantasy book. Simple as that. Although there was a total lack of history, I do have to credit the book as being at least entertaining. This is a shorter book, and it keeps you reading it. If you are into obscure history twisted with random science fiction then this is the book for you.
Dannielle Nicole

Ugh?
I read this for an ap history project, and was very upset. this has pretty much nothing to do with real history and made writing a historical book review very difficult.

• Book Jacket: American Prison
    American Prison
    by Shane Bauer
    After spending over two years in Iran's notorious Evin Prison for supposedly crossing the country's ...
  • Book Jacket: Small Fry
    Small Fry
    by Lisa Brennan-Jobs
    Small Fry is the debut memoir from Lisa Brennan-Jobs, long-time journalist and writer, and oldest ...
  • Book Jacket: The Winter Soldier
    The Winter Soldier
    by Daniel Mason
    Imagine the thousands of confounding cases doctors face routinely for which diagnoses are hard to ...
  • Book Jacket: Brother
    Brother
    by David Chariandy
    Brother is the brief, moving account of how a single, tragic moment in time can alter the course of ...

The Ninth Hour by Alice McDermott

A crowning achievement of one of the finest American writers at work today.

French Exit
    by Patrick deWitt

A brilliant and darkly comic novel from bestselling author Patrick deWitt.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter