What readers think of 47, plus links to write your own review.

47 by Walter Mosley X
47 by Walter Mosley

May 2005, 240 pages
    Nov 2006, 240 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for 47

Leaha

Perfect
I am doing a fiction book report, and this is by far the best book I have ever read. I really am glad I picked this book for my class.
Shay

A really good book!
I consider this book as one of the best books that I have read so far.
Nancy Jones

An Excellent Depiction of Slavery with a Unique Twist
This was one of the best YA books I read! The depiction of the abuses of slavery was very realistic. The main character was a slave boy who was sent to work in the fields after he finally reached a certain age. Before he had been in the main house, where he had a close relationship with his mother. When he went to the field though, he hardly saw his mother. The other slaves in the field hand's cabins were very discouraged and more than a little rough. Luckily, his mother had some of the main field hands helping him adjust. He worked harder than he ever worked, with little food. The book is saved from being totally depressing when another black boy shows up. He teaches the field hands to believe they are worth more than their masters think, that they should believe in themselves, & have hope (for he predicts it won't always be like it is). A science fiction element is added when we find the boy is not from that time.
Kathy

i donno
I am doing this book for a historical fiction assignment. I liked it (:
Soulstealr

The Review of 47
I am actually quite disappointed with this book. I had to read this for a u.s. history project, so I thought it would just be another slave narrative. that wasn't the case. This is a fantasy book. Simple as that. Although there was a total lack of history, I do have to credit the book as being at least entertaining. This is a shorter book, and it keeps you reading it. If you are into obscure history twisted with random science fiction then this is the book for you.
Dannielle Nicole

Ugh?
I read this for an ap history project, and was very upset. this has pretty much nothing to do with real history and made writing a historical book review very difficult.

High John The Conqueror

One-Month Free

Discover books that
entertain, engage & enlighten.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Blizzard Party
    The Blizzard Party
    by Jack Livings
    It is 1978 and the place is New York City. A massive bacchanalian party is taking place at an Upper ...
  • Book Jacket: The Light of Days
    The Light of Days
    by Judy Batalion
    Renia, Sarah, Zivia, Frumka, Hantze, Tosia, Vladka, Chajka, Gusta, Hela, Bela, Lonka, Tema, Chasia, ...
  • Book Jacket: Hummingbird Salamander
    Hummingbird Salamander
    by Jeff VanderMeer
    In Hummingbird Salamander, Jeff VanderMeer weaves cybersecurity, bioterrorism, wildlife trafficking ...
  • Book Jacket: The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    by Stephanie Dray
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette, Stephanie Dray's latest work of historical fiction, revolves around ...

The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson

A charming, uplifting debut about a mother and her 12-year-old son, an aspiring comedian.

The Widow Queen
    by Elzbieta Cherezinska

The epic story of an 11th century Polish queen whose life and name were all but forgotten until now.

Miss Austen
by Gill Hornby
A witty, poignant novel about Cassandra Austen and her famous sister, Jane.
Win This Book!
Win The Beauty of Your Face

A New York Times Notable Book of 2020

"Stunning.… A timely family saga with faith and forgiveness at its core."
Marie Claire