Reader reviews and comments on 47, plus links to write your own review.

47 by Walter Mosley X
47 by Walter Mosley

May 2005, 240 pages
    Nov 2006, 240 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for 47

Leaha

Perfect
I am doing a fiction book report, and this is by far the best book I have ever read. I really am glad I picked this book for my class.
Shay

A really good book!
I consider this book as one of the best books that I have read so far.
Nancy Jones

An Excellent Depiction of Slavery with a Unique Twist
This was one of the best YA books I read! The depiction of the abuses of slavery was very realistic. The main character was a slave boy who was sent to work in the fields after he finally reached a certain age. Before he had been in the main house, where he had a close relationship with his mother. When he went to the field though, he hardly saw his mother. The other slaves in the field hand's cabins were very discouraged and more than a little rough. Luckily, his mother had some of the main field hands helping him adjust. He worked harder than he ever worked, with little food. The book is saved from being totally depressing when another black boy shows up. He teaches the field hands to believe they are worth more than their masters think, that they should believe in themselves, & have hope (for he predicts it won't always be like it is). A science fiction element is added when we find the boy is not from that time.
Kathy

i donno
I am doing this book for a historical fiction assignment. I liked it (:
Soulstealr

The Review of 47
I am actually quite disappointed with this book. I had to read this for a u.s. history project, so I thought it would just be another slave narrative. that wasn't the case. This is a fantasy book. Simple as that. Although there was a total lack of history, I do have to credit the book as being at least entertaining. This is a shorter book, and it keeps you reading it. If you are into obscure history twisted with random science fiction then this is the book for you.
Dannielle Nicole

Ugh?
I read this for an ap history project, and was very upset. this has pretty much nothing to do with real history and made writing a historical book review very difficult.

• Book Jacket: The Spy and the Traitor
    The Spy and the Traitor
    by Ben Macintyre
    For over a decade, Oleg Gordievsky of the Soviet Union was a double-agent for the British, climbing ...
  • Book Jacket: The Incendiaries
    The Incendiaries
    by R O. Kwon
    Phoebe Lin, the glamorous but tortured heroine of The Incendiaries, is convinced she has no room for...
  • Book Jacket: Your Duck Is My Duck
    Your Duck Is My Duck
    by Deborah Eisenberg
    In this collection of six short stories, Deborah Eisenberg presents characters confronting limits ...
  • Book Jacket: Unsheltered
    Unsheltered
    by Barbara Kingsolver
    Willa Knox's house is falling down. She recently inherited a Victorian residence in Vineland, ...

Code Girls
by Liza Mundy

The riveting story of the USA's courageous and accomplished WWII female American code breakers.

Win Gone So Long

Andre Dubus III's First Novel in a Decade

A masterpiece of thrilling tension and heartrending empathy.

G H E Rope A H Will H H