Reader reviews and comments on Kira-Kira, plus links to write your own review.

Kira-Kira

by Cynthia Kadohata

Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata X
Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata

Feb 2004, 256 pages
    Jan 2007, 272 pages

There are currently 35 reader reviews for Kira-Kira

Mitty

It clearly shows how Katie deal for her sister Lynn's death
When Katie released the spirit of Lynn, there was a scene that Katie tried not to cry because she wanted to show Lynn her smile. I cried at this part. it's a really good story.
lindsey O'brian

best book
I fell in love with this book. It is really good; I can't stop reading it. You should really read it.
franhuazo

KIRA KIRA
Kira-Kira seems as a word used to just mean something glittering, but to Lynn and Katie it is much more its more of a way to admire everything that they have around them. It's also a way in which they express how they feel and how they can make something as ordinary as a box of tissues seem wonderful. It's a sad yet awaking book, thrilling and mysterious in the fact of not knowing what's coming to you and what else you're going to read.
cami

amazing but little i mean i lot sad
This book is a wonderful book, so good, I just wish it was not so sad. I almost cried.
Re'Anna

kira kira
I think kira kira is a great book its book for you and your kids its sad and happy and like how they wrote it and there descriptions. I hope they write more great books like kira kira
Wendy

Kira-Kira
I loved this book because I never read a book about a sister that loved her sister so dearly and when the older sister died, it changed the whole story into a cloudy book because it was so sad. I recommend this book for whoever comes upon it. READ IT! =D
Juju

Best book
I loved this book! I thought it would be boring but the first page convinced me otherwise.
Yessenia

Awesome
When I first saw the book I thought it was going to be boring. When I read the first page I fell in love with it and now I am trying to see where I can buy it in Sanford. It was a heartbreaking story and I started crying when I finished. My friend called me when I was crying and I didn't want to tell him why. I love Kira-Kira which means glittering for those who haven't read it.

• Book Jacket: American Prison
    American Prison
    by Shane Bauer
    After spending over two years in Iran's notorious Evin Prison for supposedly crossing the country's ...
  • Book Jacket: Small Fry
    Small Fry
    by Lisa Brennan-Jobs
    Small Fry is the debut memoir from Lisa Brennan-Jobs, long-time journalist and writer, and oldest ...
  • Book Jacket: The Winter Soldier
    The Winter Soldier
    by Daniel Mason
    Imagine the thousands of confounding cases doctors face routinely for which diagnoses are hard to ...
  • Book Jacket: Brother
    Brother
    by David Chariandy
    Brother is the brief, moving account of how a single, tragic moment in time can alter the course of ...

The Removes by Tatjana Soli

A powerful, transporting novel about the addictive intensity and freedom of the American frontier.

French Exit
    by Patrick deWitt

A brilliant and darkly comic novel from bestselling author Patrick deWitt.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter