What readers think of Kira-Kira, plus links to write your own review.

Kira-Kira

by Cynthia Kadohata

Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata X
Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata

Feb 2004, 256 pages

Jan 2007, 272 pages

There are currently 35 reader reviews for Kira-Kira

Sara

Kira-Kira is a shining, glittering book.
This book is a very emotional and heart-pounding novel. I chose to read this book from a reading list. Because of the title, I thought it would be interesting and more original than other books. As I began to read, I realized that these fictional characters could very well be real people. This book touched my heart, and made me incredibly thankful and humble to be who I am. This was an amazing book, and I would recommend it to anyone of any age.
the #1 fan of Kira Kira

a rich book
i got this book thinking it would be boring just to read it for a book report but after i read it i loved it i really hope there is sequal to it this is one of the greatist books i have ever read cynthia kadohata if you read this you are a genius!!!!!!
vanessa

Awesome
the is really good i love it it was one of the best book i read and i read a lot. i think that you should make kira-kira2 *******
M. Rivera

Sensitivity & Humor
I read Kira-Kira as a college assignment for a literacy education class and read it in two days. I wasn't able to put it down. One reason being that i had to give the book back to the prof. and the other being that the novel really captured my attention. :) It was very decriptive and left visual images in my head as I went on. The humor makes you smile and laugh as the drama touches your heart at the same time. Page after page anticipating to see what happened next I continued till i got to the end. It was great, and made me think of similar situatons in my own life. I can't wait to share this book with my future teenage class. I think it is more appropriate for grade 5 and up. The novel will teach them about family relationships, racism, the importance of getting along with others, hardwork, losing a loved one. not giving up, thinking positive and much more. Thankyou for the assignment prof. M.White. I look forward to reading other peices from this author.
Sarah

Amazing
Kira-Kira was an awesome book. I read it in one day because I was so into it that I couldn't put it down! Kira-kira reminded me so much of my sister and me when we were young. I love this book so much and I want everyone to read it.
Amber

Great Book
This was a great book! My teacher read it to my class and we all loved it. It was also an emotional book. My teacher, and even some of my classmates cried. Cynthia Kadohata, you have terrific talent! I look foward to reading all of your other novels!
Corrina Mckay

Great Story Line
Katie is only about ten when her sister gets very ill and dies when she is fourteen. Her dear sister Lynn has taught her how to see the world as Kira-kira (glittering/ shining there is always a positive side), even though things might turn for the worst.

This heart warming story will help youth who have had to deal with a family member or friend's death.

Cynthia Kadohata has created believable characters and especially Katie Takahama. The reader sees from Katie's perspective, even though she may not thoroughly understand what is going on. Katie is a person who many other people can relate to.
marissa

It was pretty good
This was a very good book but I have read better. this book makes you realize that you don't appreciate something unless its gone so if you have someone in your life that is very close and dear to you go up and say thank you or I love you butIi had to read this book for school and its pretty good.

Join and Save 20%!

by Thrity Umrigar

Members Recommend

Our Missing Hearts
    by Celeste Ng

From the author of Little Fires Everywhere, a new novel about a mother’s unbreakable love in a world consumed by fear.

W N, W Not

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.