Reader reviews and comments on A Million Little Pieces, plus links to write your own review.

A Million Little Pieces

by James Frey

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey

Apr 2003, 400 pages
    May 2004, 448 pages

There are currently 64 reader reviews for A Million Little Pieces

Bekah

Amazingg!
Like to tell you the truth this is the best I have ever read in my life. I bought this book myself and as soon as I started reading i couldn"t put it down. I tried but coudn"t. If anyone is looking for a book for any reason, pick this one. It is absolutely amazing. You wont regret it at all. It tells a great story about an addict.
Brittany

AMAZING!
Inspirational! I love this book and the book following it "my friend Lenard" they are both absolutely amazing and I really recommend it. It'll make you laugh and cry-- at least if your anything like me. I'd recommend it over any book I've read.
Steph Watkins

Wow!
So my mom bought this book but hadn't read it yet; so being bored one summer day I picked it up. It was so good I couldn't put it down. I tried but couldn't. Then for English I had to read a non-fiction book; I knew immediately this was going to be my book. I re-read it and had it done within a few days. I recommend this book to anyone who needs a good book to read, it gives you an excellent insight to an addict's life and thoughts. And if you're skeptical just give it a try, you'll be glad you did.
kelsey.

amazing.
Sure it was embellished a little but this is by far the most amazing book I have ever read. I'm young, but I understood everything in this and finished the entire book in three days and if it weren't for school it would've been less. I couldn't set it down. I love everything about this book and would recommend it to everyone. Even if you don't relate to it the slightest bit, it teaches you a lot.
Ryan Schiely

despite everything
Regarding the accusations and even the admittance of Frey himself that this book is partly fabricated I can only state one thing. To me it didn't matter. This book is as heartbreaking and emotionally packed as anything that I have recently read. His minimalistic style and straightforward way of expressing his constantly changing inner feelings and outlook on life has moved me in a way that I have not felt while reading any other novel. Despite the embellishment of certain events in the book, Frey's account is exceedingly well written and will leave you breathless and gasping only for more. Behind all the tears that will be shed and the sorrow that will be felt, there's an underlying factor which overtakes all other emotions...hope.
Sam

WOW!!!!
I started to read this book in school because I was in a group for and english class and we had to read a book and do a review!!! We all choose this book because we heard that it was an inspirational book and that it was one of those books u would not be able to out down. and WAS IT EVER!!!! This might have been the BEST book that I have ever read!!! It was so insightful yet you could feel his emotions without actually going through them. I totally recommend this book to EVERYONE and hope that people get the same insight that I took away!!!
stephanie .M. Monroy

Million little pieces
Well when i started reading i thought it was gonna be like any other book that was boring an i just got it from the library while walking home i started reading it i said ''man it's gonna take a life to finish'' so i kept on reading it an i couldent stop my parents would tell me to stop reading, i just couldent stop is so intense. i will ask my sis not to turn the lights off so i could read 5 more pages when i realized i was in page 271 it was sooo good , while i was reading it i realized my life its not that hard, i make it hard,i also realized that us being human we dont need nothing bigger then us too quit or to stay stablished you just need too hold on an wait and fight an you will fight for the person you love an for your self. me with 17 years old going to 18 i learned a lot with this book it only took me 1 week too read it every single day from the day i got it till yesterday . i just hope people james frey try to survive an if they are strugguling with drugs an alcohol you should read this book.
Matt Fillmore, 15

WoW
Outstanding, this book is so well written, quick, easy reading but yet you still fell as if you know the charaters while your reading, very emotional good for any age to read i highly recommend it to everyone wanting to read the one book that will make you say stay up until its finished!

• Book Jacket: Midwinter Break

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by Jamie Ford

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E