Reader reviews and comments on The Lake of Dead Languages, plus links to write your own review.

The Lake of Dead Languages

by Carol Goodman

The Lake of Dead Languages by Carol Goodman

Jan 2002, 390 pages
    Jan 2003, 413 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for The Lake of Dead Languages

New York Times

A Slice Of Wonder
This book was fantastically gripping and suspenseful, with a manner much like Donna Tartt's "Secret History". This book, however, is still truly unique, and it is a puzzlement how it is not more then the next Twilight, it should be the next Harry Potter.
Angela

I loved everything about htis book. It is just the perfect mix of thriller, mystery, and suspence. It keeps you hooked until the very last word.
Nicole

This book was amazing! i couldn't put it down, i read it in two days. From the first page to last you just can't wait to see what happens next. The intracate plot twists and glimpses into Jane Hundsons tradgic past at Heart Lake will keep you hooked. I am 15 years old and I would recomend this book (and anything else written by Carol Goodman) to anyone who loves a griping mysteery.
*****

It is an amazing book and i recommend it to anyone.
******

This book is amazing. I LOVE it no matter what the critics say. My friend gave it to me to read and I passed it on, because it was fabulous! You have to keep reading to find out what happens next-no matter how late it is!!
The way Latin is used as a common thread between all of the characters is wonderful. It is made all the more wonderful be Goodman's beautiful, poetic writing.
*****

amazing
Dream_of_destiny

I really enjoyed reading this book. I was intrigued from the first page to the very last. I also passed the book around to my group of friends, and they agreed wholly with me. This book was one of the best books I've ever read and I will keep suggesting it to others who like to read.
Karen

I felt as if I was really living the events. I really fell in love with Jane and all of her emotions. I thought that the author did a really great job in writing this book. Her words really spoke to you and set the plot up to grab you and pull you in.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: The Blind
    The Blind
    by A.F. Brady
    In The Blind, A. F. Brady, a licensed psychotherapist, takes readers inside a residential ...
  • Book Jacket: The Rules of Magic
    The Rules of Magic
    by Alice Hoffman
  • Book Jacket: Good Me Bad Me
    Good Me Bad Me
    by Ali Land

To Capture What We Cannot Keep by Beatrice Colin

This love story set against the construction of the Eiffel Tower is "vibrant and transportive." (Bustle)

Seven Days of Us
    by Francesca Hornak

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F