Reader reviews and comments on The Lake of Dead Languages, plus links to write your own review.

The Lake of Dead Languages

Jan 2003, 413 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for The Lake of Dead Languages

New York Times

A Slice Of Wonder
This book was fantastically gripping and suspenseful, with a manner much like Donna Tartt's "Secret History". This book, however, is still truly unique, and it is a puzzlement how it is not more then the next Twilight, it should be the next Harry Potter.
Angela

I loved everything about htis book. It is just the perfect mix of thriller, mystery, and suspence. It keeps you hooked until the very last word.
Nicole

This book was amazing! i couldn't put it down, i read it in two days. From the first page to last you just can't wait to see what happens next. The intracate plot twists and glimpses into Jane Hundsons tradgic past at Heart Lake will keep you hooked. I am 15 years old and I would recomend this book (and anything else written by Carol Goodman) to anyone who loves a griping mysteery.
*****

It is an amazing book and i recommend it to anyone.
******

This book is amazing. I LOVE it no matter what the critics say. My friend gave it to me to read and I passed it on, because it was fabulous! You have to keep reading to find out what happens next-no matter how late it is!!
The way Latin is used as a common thread between all of the characters is wonderful. It is made all the more wonderful be Goodman's beautiful, poetic writing.
*****

amazing
Dream_of_destiny

I really enjoyed reading this book. I was intrigued from the first page to the very last. I also passed the book around to my group of friends, and they agreed wholly with me. This book was one of the best books I've ever read and I will keep suggesting it to others who like to read.
Karen

I felt as if I was really living the events. I really fell in love with Jane and all of her emotions. I thought that the author did a really great job in writing this book. Her words really spoke to you and set the plot up to grab you and pull you in.

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Sea Gate
    The Sea Gate
    by Jane Johnson
    In Jane Johnson's novel, The Sea Gate, set in England, readers are introduced to Becky, a young ...
  • Book Jacket: Stories from Suffragette City
    Stories from Suffragette City
    by M.J. Rose, Fiona Davis
    Our First Impressions readers were fascinated by the historical fiction from a range of authors ...
  • Book Jacket: The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict
    The Mystery of Mrs. Christie by Marie Benedict, notable author of previous historical fiction such ...
  • Book Jacket: To Be a Man
    To Be a Man
    by Nicole Krauss
    While, as its title hints, To Be a Man by Nicole Krauss is concerned with masculinity, it renders a ...

At the Edge of the Haight
    by Katherine Seligman

Winner of the 2019 PEN/Bellwether Prize for Socially Engaged Fiction.

The Narrowboat Summer
    by Anne Youngson

From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.

The Moment of Lift
by Melinda Gates
How can we summon a moment of lift for women? Because when you lift up women, you lift up humanity.

The less we know, the longer our explanations.

T M T C, T M T Stay T S