What readers think of The Lake of Dead Languages, plus links to write your own review.

The Lake of Dead Languages

Jan 2003, 413 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for The Lake of Dead Languages

New York Times

A Slice Of Wonder
This book was fantastically gripping and suspenseful, with a manner much like Donna Tartt's "Secret History". This book, however, is still truly unique, and it is a puzzlement how it is not more then the next Twilight, it should be the next Harry Potter.
Angela

I loved everything about htis book. It is just the perfect mix of thriller, mystery, and suspence. It keeps you hooked until the very last word.
Nicole

This book was amazing! i couldn't put it down, i read it in two days. From the first page to last you just can't wait to see what happens next. The intracate plot twists and glimpses into Jane Hundsons tradgic past at Heart Lake will keep you hooked. I am 15 years old and I would recomend this book (and anything else written by Carol Goodman) to anyone who loves a griping mysteery.
*****

It is an amazing book and i recommend it to anyone.
******

This book is amazing. I LOVE it no matter what the critics say. My friend gave it to me to read and I passed it on, because it was fabulous! You have to keep reading to find out what happens next-no matter how late it is!!
The way Latin is used as a common thread between all of the characters is wonderful. It is made all the more wonderful be Goodman's beautiful, poetic writing.
*****

amazing
Dream_of_destiny

I really enjoyed reading this book. I was intrigued from the first page to the very last. I also passed the book around to my group of friends, and they agreed wholly with me. This book was one of the best books I've ever read and I will keep suggesting it to others who like to read.
Karen

I felt as if I was really living the events. I really fell in love with Jane and all of her emotions. I thought that the author did a really great job in writing this book. Her words really spoke to you and set the plot up to grab you and pull you in.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: A Short Walk Through a Wide World
    A Short Walk Through a Wide World
    by Douglas Westerbeke
    From the very first page of A Short Walk Through a Wide World, debut novelist (and librarian!) ...
  • Book Jacket: The Swans of Harlem
    The Swans of Harlem
    by Karen Valby
    Journalist Karen Valby's first book, The Swans of Harlem, introduces readers to the little-known ...
  • Book Jacket: The Sicilian Inheritance
    The Sicilian Inheritance
    by Jo Piazza
    Sara Marsala is going through a rough patch, to say the least. In the process of divorcing from her ...
  • Book Jacket: The Light Eaters
    The Light Eaters
    by Zoë Schlanger
    The human race is completely dependent on plants. Many people, however, give little thought to ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Romantic Comedy
by Curtis Sittenfeld
A comedy writer's stance on love shifts when a pop star challenges her assumptions in this witty and touching novel.

Members Recommend

This Strange Eventful History
    by Claire Messud

An immersive, masterful story of a family born on the wrong side of history.

Books are the carriers of civilization

R is a D B S C