Read what people think about Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child, and write your own review.

A Jack Reacher Novel #13

by Lee Child

• Published in USA  Mar 2010
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 46 reader reviews for Gone Tomorrow

pete (02/18/12)

gone tomorrow
Unlike the other Reacher novels I've read, this focuses more on the investigative aptitude rather than mere violence. Some may say it lacks as result? I however loved it!
charlie brandt (08/02/11)

Why is the memory stick so important
The book was well written with a great plot. My wife and I couldn't put it down when we were each reading it.

However, at the end of the day, it's never clear why the pictures on the memory stick were important. I still can't understand why the "bad guys" would go to all the trouble to sneak 19 people into the United States to get the memory stick back.
Paula W. (Winfield, IL) (11/10/10)

Had Me at the First Sentence!
"Suicide bomber are easy to spot." Gone Tomorrow grabbed my throat from the get-go and never let loose till Jack Reacher was on his way again. Plot twists and reversals and surprises abound--plausible implausibilities-- and I couldn't put this book down. Caution: a couple of scenes with graphic descriptions made me skip a few pages. But this book made me a Jack Reacher fan forever.
Karen D. (Dedham, MA) (11/03/10)

Gone
I enjoyed reading this book. I am a big fan of mystery/suspense books, so this was a good fit. I had to put the book down for a couple of days, but when I returned to the story, I could remember who the characters were and the story line. Good descriptions of the situations left me wanting more. I hope to read more and to read his newest novel.
Maria P. (Washington, DC) (10/26/10)

Urban Realities
A fascinating look at current issues and concerns in a novelistic setting. City life has changed for everyone, this novel let's you see this through the eyes of someone involved in conflict and survival. The suspense thru-out is very intense and it would make an excellent film. Some current historical situations add reality and an edge to the detail of the storyline.
Becky D. (Jackson, TN) (10/26/10)

Page Turner
I am certain that this will be the first of many Lee Child's books that I will read. As I'm finishing I'm already planning my search for the next one. Gone Tomorrow deals with current issues and brings home the tangled web of national security, espionage, and high stakes politics. I would highly recommend Gone Tomorrow to those who like a fast paced and to the point suspense novel. Reacher is a fascinating character who draws you in from the get go. His nuance for details and innuendoes is enthralling. Great read, nearly impossible to put down.
Karen S. (Minneapolis, MN) (10/26/10)

Gone Tomorrow
A decent read, not great. I was expecting a book that I absolutely could not put down, and while I found the chapter endings urged me to continue, the tug was not so great that the laundry didn't get done.
Marcia W. (Toledo, Ohio) (10/24/10)

Gone Tomorrow
My first experience with Lee Child and his protagonist Jack Reacher. I would definitely recommend this book. It is a page turner from beginning to end. Definitely on par with Michael Connelly and David Baldacci. The quality of writing definitely overshadows any feeling of guilty pleasure associated with reading this genre of writing,

• Book Jacket: Barkskins
    Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson

Since She Went Away
    by David Bell

A chilling novel of guilt, regret, and a past which refuses to die...

All Is Not Forgotten
    by Wendy Walker

This is fast-paced psychological suspense/thriller at it's very best.

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All