MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Read what people think about Safe with Me by Amy Hatvany, and write your own review.

Safe with Me

by Amy Hatvany

Safe with Me by Amy Hatvany X
Safe with Me by Amy Hatvany

• Published in USA  Mar 2014

There are currently 67 reader reviews for Safe with Me

Karen K. (West Bloomfield, MI)

Painful topic, important to think about
This was one of the hardest books for me to read. The topic of organ donation is something that we all need to discuss with our families. It is so important to have a plan just in case an unforeseeable event occurs, bringing the topic into consideration. A family in my community faced this exact situation recently. They have befriended the different recipient families. There were so many similarities from their struggle and loss, that it was like reliving their agony.

The characters in this book seem like real people. So many different emotions that we, as readers, can relate to. I am glad that I finished this book. There were several times, I was so sad, that I did not want to face the pain the characters were experiencing. I am glad the book ended as written. Definitely predictable, but the story was so heart wrenching, it was a relief to see it come to a close as it did.
Diane M. (Walden, NY)

Safe with me
A really enjoyable this is a story of two families united who are bonded together by a tragedy and the gift of life. I enjoyed this book so much that I went and bought other books by Hatvany. Highly recommended.
Toni K. (Memphis, TN)

Not my normal reading matter......
Thank God for Bookbrowse! BB pulls me away from my first love of Thrillers with yet another good book I would have missed. Very timely topics give this book a lot of punch. A great book for book clubs and anyone who wonders what they would do if the unthinkable happens to them!
Judy K. (Oshkosh, WI)

Future movie on lifetime
I just finished reading "Safe With Me". What a good book. It held my interest throughout my reading. The book had very believable characters and very believable life situations. In fact, I was surprised at the amount of situations the book carried. I found myself pulling for all the characters wanting everything to turn out OK for everyone. I found myself trying to figure out how the book was going to end. It was definitely a page turner. I would recommend this to book clubs, there are a lot of issues to talk about. I think it would be OK for young adults besides adults to read this book. I could see this being a movie in the future.
Vy A. (Phoenix, AZ)

Safe With Me
Safe with Me would make a great book group discussion because it deals with ethical and moral issues on many levels—organ donors, spousal abuse, women's friendships, the loss of a child and fragile parent/child relationships.

Similar to a Jodi Picoult novel with difficult subjects at its heart, it grabs you early on and holds onto you. I didn't want to put it down until I knew how these characters would comes to term with their challenges.

Characters are well-developed and their actions are believable. I highly recommend it.
Lisa G. (Riverwoods, IL)

Safe With Me
Organ donation and domestic abuse are two topics of importance that the author, Amy Hatvany, weaves together in this gem of contemporary fiction. The book is all about picking up the pieces when things go wrong and the unlikely circumstances that throw people together. The characters held my interest as did the story line although I knew where it was going early on. This was an enjoyable read that would spark good discussions for book clubs.
Anna R. (Oak Ridge, TN)

Excellent read.
From the first sentence to the last sentence, this story grabs you and doesn't let go. The reader feels Hannah's anguish over the lose of her daughter and Oliva's joy when her daughter Maddie, receives a new liver. The way the author brings the characters together is very believable.
The story gives a good look at abuse and why it is so hard for the victim to leave. The abuser has so much power and control.
Safe With Me will be on my book club's reading list for 2014.
Trezeline B. (Columbia, MD)

Safe With Me
A very good read. At times I could not turn the pages fast enough. The book had several important and timely themes, and they were discussed very well. The book gave information and handled some very emotional topics. I highly recommend this book.

• Book Jacket: Children of the Land
    Children of the Land
    by Marcelo Hernandez Castillo
    In this exquisitely crafted memoir, Marcelo Hernandez Castillo describes coming of age as a young ...
  • Book Jacket: A Good Neighborhood
    A Good Neighborhood
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    After fictionalized biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald (Z, 2013) and Alva Vanderbilt (A Well-Behaved ...
  • Book Jacket: Little Gods
    Little Gods
    by Meng Jin
    Little Gods, Meng Jin's intricate, emotionally intelligent debut, opens with a scene in which ...
  • Book Jacket: The Truants
    The Truants
    by Kate Weinberg
    The Truants opens with Jess Walker, a first-year university student in Norfolk, England, ...

American Dirt
    by Jeanine Cummins

A new American classic, and the first book to ever score a perfect 5-stars in BookBrowse's early reader program!

Remembrance
    by Rita Woods

A breakout debut with modern resonance, perfect for fans of The Underground Railroad and Orphan Train.

Father of Lions
by Louise Callaghan

A true-to-life narrative of one man's remarkable quest to save the Mosul Zoo.

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I