Read what people think about Safe with Me by Amy Hatvany, and write your own review.

Safe with Me

by Amy Hatvany

Safe with Me by Amy Hatvany X
Safe with Me by Amy Hatvany

• Published in USA  Mar 2014

There are currently 67 reader reviews for Safe with Me

Karen K. (West Bloomfield, MI)

Painful topic, important to think about
This was one of the hardest books for me to read. The topic of organ donation is something that we all need to discuss with our families. It is so important to have a plan just in case an unforeseeable event occurs, bringing the topic into consideration. A family in my community faced this exact situation recently. They have befriended the different recipient families. There were so many similarities from their struggle and loss, that it was like reliving their agony.

The characters in this book seem like real people. So many different emotions that we, as readers, can relate to. I am glad that I finished this book. There were several times, I was so sad, that I did not want to face the pain the characters were experiencing. I am glad the book ended as written. Definitely predictable, but the story was so heart wrenching, it was a relief to see it come to a close as it did.
Diane M. (Walden, NY)

Safe with me
A really enjoyable this is a story of two families united who are bonded together by a tragedy and the gift of life. I enjoyed this book so much that I went and bought other books by Hatvany. Highly recommended.
Toni K. (Memphis, TN)

Not my normal reading matter......
Thank God for Bookbrowse! BB pulls me away from my first love of Thrillers with yet another good book I would have missed. Very timely topics give this book a lot of punch. A great book for book clubs and anyone who wonders what they would do if the unthinkable happens to them!
Judy K. (Oshkosh, WI)

Future movie on lifetime
I just finished reading "Safe With Me". What a good book. It held my interest throughout my reading. The book had very believable characters and very believable life situations. In fact, I was surprised at the amount of situations the book carried. I found myself pulling for all the characters wanting everything to turn out OK for everyone. I found myself trying to figure out how the book was going to end. It was definitely a page turner. I would recommend this to book clubs, there are a lot of issues to talk about. I think it would be OK for young adults besides adults to read this book. I could see this being a movie in the future.
Vy A. (Phoenix, AZ)

Safe With Me
Safe with Me would make a great book group discussion because it deals with ethical and moral issues on many levels—organ donors, spousal abuse, women's friendships, the loss of a child and fragile parent/child relationships.

Similar to a Jodi Picoult novel with difficult subjects at its heart, it grabs you early on and holds onto you. I didn't want to put it down until I knew how these characters would comes to term with their challenges.

Characters are well-developed and their actions are believable. I highly recommend it.
Lisa G. (Riverwoods, IL)

Safe With Me
Organ donation and domestic abuse are two topics of importance that the author, Amy Hatvany, weaves together in this gem of contemporary fiction. The book is all about picking up the pieces when things go wrong and the unlikely circumstances that throw people together. The characters held my interest as did the story line although I knew where it was going early on. This was an enjoyable read that would spark good discussions for book clubs.
Anna R. (Oak Ridge, TN)

Excellent read.
From the first sentence to the last sentence, this story grabs you and doesn't let go. The reader feels Hannah's anguish over the lose of her daughter and Oliva's joy when her daughter Maddie, receives a new liver. The way the author brings the characters together is very believable.
The story gives a good look at abuse and why it is so hard for the victim to leave. The abuser has so much power and control.
Safe With Me will be on my book club's reading list for 2014.
Trezeline B. (Columbia, MD)

Safe With Me
A very good read. At times I could not turn the pages fast enough. The book had several important and timely themes, and they were discussed very well. The book gave information and handled some very emotional topics. I highly recommend this book.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    by Jennifer Hofmann
    The title of Jennifer Hofmann's perceptive debut novel with its bureaucratese strongly suggests a ...
  • Book Jacket: His Only Wife
    His Only Wife
    by Peace Adzo Medie
    21-year-old Afi is a talented Ghanaian seamstress eager to study fashion design, but her life is ...
  • Book Jacket: We Have Been Harmonized
    We Have Been Harmonized
    by Kai Strittmatter
    You'd be forgiven if, while reading We Have Been Harmonized, you momentarily mistook it for a ...
  • Book Jacket: Jack
    Jack
    by Marilynne Robinson
    If you are a fan of Marilynne Robinson's Gilead series, you already know who Jack is. Chances are, ...

Ruthie Fear
    by Maxim Loskutoff

In this haunting parable of the American West, a young woman faces the violent past of her remote Montana valley.

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

Find Me
by André Aciman

The author of the worldwide bestseller Call Me by Your Name revisits its complex and beguiling characters.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C