What do readers think of The Jericho Deception by Jeffrey Small? Write your own review.

by Jeffrey Small

The Jericho Deception by Jeffrey Small X
The Jericho Deception by Jeffrey Small

• Published in USA  May 2013
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 22 reader reviews for The Jericho Deception

John P. (Boca Raton, FL)

A battle of religion, culture and the mind
A very fast paced race between Islamic culture, the theory that religious belief can be modified and the salvation of our universe depends on that change will keep you turning pages.
Logos, from the Greek culture is the instrument of change and the battle of wits between several groups including the CIA will keep you moving from their headquarters, a monastery in the middle of the dessert and Yale University.
Paula W. (Sarasota, FL)

"Logos" - in the beginning was the Word....
Although I began "The Jericho Deception" with some misgivings, the first few chapters drew me in so deeply --- I just couldn't put it down. Recipe --- put in some terrorists, an explosion, a quest to be able to "give " people an experience with God -- "up close and personal", thugs on steroids, an top-secret underground facility, a righteous Muslim, an old, beloved Jewish mentor, a "sorta" agnositic hero --- then add an "unsolvable" code, a cute and brainy assistant and MONKEYS (!!!) - who could possibly resist this unusual and intriguing scientific, philosophical mystery. Not me!!!!
Jim S. (Austin, TX)

The Jericho Deception
Jeffrey Small's new novel the Jericho Deception is a fascinating story of neuroscience research into the effects of a machine called the Logos that might potentially turn religious zealots into pliable individuals. Unfortunately the machine falls into evil hands. Ethan Lightman, a physician researcher, has developed the machine with his mentor who is murdered and the machine stolen. This leads Ethan away from Yale to the desert near the Nile river. This is an exciting story of intrigue, love, and violence. I would recommend this book to all interested in mystery, action and thriller categories. I also look forward to reading Mr. Small's debut novel "The Breath of God".
Kathy M. (Neptune Beach, FL)

a pleasant surprise
When I received "The Jericho Deception" I was not sure at all how I was going to feel about reading this. The description sounded very highbrow and I was sure that the subject matter was going to be a struggle to read. However, I loved this book. It was a fascinating subject about the possibility of producing religious visions and ecstasy and as in all good thrillers the misuse of this knowledge. I had been looking for a 'can't put down read' and this was it. It would make for a great beach or vacation read. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Daniel A. (Naugatuck, CT)

The Jer1ch0 Decept10n
Question: What do you get when you combine these items - 1. A machine that taps into your seeing-God part of your brain, 2. The CIA, and 3. The Middle East?
Answer: A fascinating story with many twists and turns with plausible situations and memorable characters that just maybe would make you lose some sleep or a meal or two because you want to keep reading. Recommended for fans of mystery, suspense and thrillers.
Mary R. (San Jose, CA)

Could there be a God Spot in our brains?
The Jericho Deception is a multi-faceted novel about the discovery of a way to turn on the God Spot in the brain and how that discovery becomes a military tool for brainwashing people. The book is fast paced and the characterizations are vivid. You can't help but grow to love Ethan and Rachel and worry if Mousa will be saved. Just when you think you have it figured out, there's a twist in the story. It had me guessing right up to the last page, with a possible hint of a sequel. I can definitely see this as an action film.
Jeanette L. (Marietta, GA)

The Jericho Deception
This fantastic novel will have your brain working overtime; Jeffrey Small's writing reminds me of Dan Brown with all the intrigue, the thrills and surprising conclusion. This is a compelling story of scientists, modern technology and the search for mystical sensations and the meaning of God. It is perfectly balanced and fast paced.
Hilary H. (Tucson, AZ)

The Jericho Deception
I hadn't read anything by Jeffrey Small and I was a bit leery of anything too religiously based but I did enjoy the thriller aspects of this book. I did have to go back and forth after the first few chapters to make sure I knew who was who and where I was. The book does remind me of Dan Brown's books. It had some clever ideas such as the "monastery" in the desert. It was good entertainment.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Razorblade Tears
    Razorblade Tears
    by S. A. Cosby
    Razorblade Tears, a thriller by S.A. Cosby, follows a pair of ex-convicts who team up to avenge the ...
  • Book Jacket: Once There Were Wolves
    Once There Were Wolves
    by Charlotte McConaghy
    In Charlotte McConaghy's second novel after her debut Migrations, environmental biologist Inti Flynn...
  • Book Jacket: The Secret Keeper of Jaipur
    The Secret Keeper of Jaipur
    by Alka Joshi
    Alka Joshi's The Secret Keeper of Jaipur is the sequel to her 2020 bestseller The Henna Artist and ...
  • Book Jacket: Seek You
    Seek You
    by Kristen Radtke
    In the first pages of Seek You: A Journey Through American Loneliness, Kristen Radtke's sophomore ...

In Every Mirror She's Black
by Lola Akinmade Akerstrom
An arresting debut for anyone looking for insight into what it means to be a Black woman in the world.

The Lost Notebook of Edouard Manet
    by Maureen Gibbon

A sensual portrait of Manet's last years, and a vibrant testament of the artistic spirit.

Never Saw Me Coming
    by Vera Kurian

"Fun, entertaining and hard to put down."
    —The New York Journal of Books

To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child

Pull Y U B T B