What do readers think of The Jericho Deception by Jeffrey Small? Write your own review.

The Jericho Deception

by Jeffrey Small

The Jericho Deception by Jeffrey Small X
The Jericho Deception by Jeffrey Small

• Published in USA  May 2013
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 22 reader reviews for The Jericho Deception

Angela S. (Hartland, MI)

Hooked from the beginning.
I was intrigued by the plotline for the The Jericho Deception and the book did not disappoint. I was hooked from the beginning. Normally a book that toggles between characters in each chapter is confusing, but in this case, the layout built the suspension and increased the pace of the reading. It would be easy to imagine this book becoming an action packed movie along the lines of The DaVinci Code. An interesting, thoughtful storyline full of action and deeper insights into who we are, what we believe and how we are all linked together.
Colleen T. (Lakewood, CO)

The Jericho Deception
I found this book to be tedious and somewhat predictable. The story line was interesting and the characters were ok, but I kept getting irritated at the numerous times the author felt the need to describe in detail how this or that was going to happen – boring! I also didn't like how I felt like I was watching a movie as I read. There were way too many "scene" changes for my liking. Or, if you like, the flow of the story was broken up a lot by switching from one location to another. I'm no writer, but this story needs editing.
Jan C. (San Antonio, TX)

Jericho tumbling down
It was average read. Not a lot of twists and turns. Characters seemed flat without any deep development. The story jumped around. Antics of amateurs seemed unbelievable. The plot did not seem completely plausible.
I would not recommend this book.
Carole P. (Framingham, MA)

Jericho Deception
It took awhile to get into this book. Each chapter was a different locale, different characters. Once I got them straight , the book was easier to follow. I do feel this was too long. However, I did want to finish it because I really liked the main characters. The story line was intriguing too. Although I am not always interested in religious based fiction, this managed to catch and hold my attention. Without giving anything away, I will say that this premise was both awesome and terrifying. I gave it a 3, but really it is a 3.75.
Judy G. (Carmel, IN)

Jericho Deception
The first chapters of the book were exciting. I was primed to read more about the physician (Moussa) and his daughter (Amira)! From that point on the book felt like an average read for me. Good but seriously lacking depth in both character development and the key spirituality element. Aspects of the writing around the God concept and oneness were beautiful; but yet the writing wasn't sustainable enough to be of real interest to those seeking to learn more about spirituality. I found the romance element distracting by it's improbable and inappropriate interjection in the story line at times. For example, when you have Axe breathing down your neck you don't stop to reflect on a romantic interlude. Wolfe was portrayed as a major player in the intrigue but his character was vague. I don't believe this book merits a BookBrowse highest rating.
Betty B. (Irving, TX)

Jeffrey's Small's Latest Book
I wanted to read this book, even though I do not normally read thrillers, because one of its themes relates to the common ground of all religions. I did enjoy that aspect of the book, and would have liked more. I also would have liked more development of the characters. I think this book would appeal to readers of thrillers like the Dan Brown books. Although it did not have the depth I would have liked, nevertheless I quickly read to the end, and I plan to read Small's prize-winning book, The Breath of God.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Razorblade Tears
    Razorblade Tears
    by S. A. Cosby
    Razorblade Tears, a thriller by S.A. Cosby, follows a pair of ex-convicts who team up to avenge the ...
  • Book Jacket: Once There Were Wolves
    Once There Were Wolves
    by Charlotte McConaghy
    In Charlotte McConaghy's second novel after her debut Migrations, environmental biologist Inti Flynn...
  • Book Jacket: The Secret Keeper of Jaipur
    The Secret Keeper of Jaipur
    by Alka Joshi
    Alka Joshi's The Secret Keeper of Jaipur is the sequel to her 2020 bestseller The Henna Artist and ...
  • Book Jacket: Seek You
    Seek You
    by Kristen Radtke
    In the first pages of Seek You: A Journey Through American Loneliness, Kristen Radtke's sophomore ...

In Every Mirror She's Black
by Lola Akinmade Akerstrom
An arresting debut for anyone looking for insight into what it means to be a Black woman in the world.

Never Saw Me Coming
    by Vera Kurian

"Fun, entertaining and hard to put down."
    The New York Journal of Books

The Last Chance Library
    by Freya Sampson

Fans of libraries and heartfelt, humorous fiction won't want to miss this one!

Information is the currency of democracy

Pull Y U B T B