Reader reviews and comments on 1st To Die, plus links to write your own review.

1st To Die

by James Patterson

1st To Die by James Patterson X
1st To Die by James Patterson

Mar 2001, 432 pages
    Feb 2002, 480 pages

There are currently 30 reader reviews for 1st To Die

Sue

1st To Die was a fun digression from Patterson's Alex Cross series. Consistent with Patteron's style, this book was suspenseful, fluid, with well developed characters. I did feel, however, that the story "dragged on" a little toward the end. I was disappointed with the ending, particularly with the death of Lindsay's male friend.. I thought he would be a great addition for future stories, even as a peripheral character. Nevertheless, I look forward to reading Second Chance and subsequent stories in Patterson's new series.

Aplastic Anemia Patient

1st to Die
I have aplastic anemia and may die from it. I have had people tell me they know about it because they read about it in this book. It is not a description of aplastic anemia, although, possibly it may be a description of anemia. I don't know about that. Also, the treatment does not make sense. Three blood transfusions a week would put iron in the organs pretty quickly, and a person needing that many transfusions would not work all day, run down the stairs, and walk fast down the sidewalk. This writer lost credibility with me. Therefore, I was unable to submerge myself into the character and story.
Donna

Don't waste your time or money. Absolutely the worst Patterson book I've read and I have read most. Reads like a first time author with no future.
normc

Totally predictable and lacking any real suspense. The worst he's written.
krow

The book is very interesting.

Let's buy it

James Patterson's, The First To Die, was an amazingly powerful book that had twists and turns until the very end. James Patterson is definitely my favorite author. I really do enjoy his style for doing his short chapters. When you get kind of bored with one thing it ends and you go on to the next chapter with more excitement and different characters. When The First To Die came out, I paid $26.95 for the book because I knew it was going to be good. It was worth every penny because I lend it to my friends and it's been read and loved by 6 different people now and still looks brand new because it's worth it.

• Book Jacket: Inland
    Inland
    by TĂ©a Obreht
    It's 1893 and the sparsely populated settlement of Amargo, deep in the Arizona Territory, is ...
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Conviction
    Conviction
    by Denise Mina
    Scottish author Denise Mina's latest novel, Conviction, is a fast-paced thriller narrated by Anna, a...
    Dread Nation
    by Justina Ireland
    The war between the states is over and, instead, a very different battle is being waged for the ...

Ellie and the Harpmaker
    by Hazel Prior

A rich, heartwarming and charming debut novel about finding love in unexpected places.

Book Club
America for Beginners
by Leah Franqui

A poignant debut that explores unlikely friendships forged in unusual circumstances.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Crudo

Crudo by Olivia Laing

A brilliant, funny, and emphatically raw novel of love on the brink of the apocalypse.

S A A B In A R