Reader reviews and comments on The Pilot's Wife, plus links to write your own review.

The Pilot's Wife

Mar 1999, 293 pages

There are currently 34 reader reviews for The Pilot's Wife

Anonymous (08/12/01)

Kathy Raines
I enjoyed this book. It came very highly recommended by a friend, but I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I expected. I found the descriptions quite good; I found myself pausing and rereading parts of them. For such an exciting topic, I thought it moved a bit slowly. I found myself hungry for a bit of humor now and then. Even books about tragedies can inspire a laugh now and then, maybe in the dialogue. Everyone seemed quite humorless. Nevertheless, I enjoyed getting into Katherine's (sp)? head; what happened in her mind seemed quite believable. As always, I wondered about the characters' economic situations. Personally, I can't just slap down the dough and speed off to England. In fact, I haven't been there yet. Most people I know save for a while before taking such a trip! I loved the theme of betrayal and the ever present question, "Just how well can you really know anybody?" It's universal; everyone deals with betrayal of various degrees in their lifetimes. I am glad I read the book. It will live on within me. Now here's one thing. How realistic is it that a good-looking, kind man would so quickly appear as a friend, even though he did withhold information for a while. However, I enjoyed it! The touch of romance was satisfying.
Anonymous (08/12/01)

Kathy Geisel
I'm not sure I understand the ending. When Ms. Shreve writes "She had thought, some weeks ago, that she might do this"....what does she mean by this? Does she mean she is planning on contacting Muire? Is Kathryn considering developing a relationship with Muire and her husband's other children? What do you think?

• Book Jacket: Circe
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...
  • Book Jacket: Winter Sisters
    Winter Sisters
    by Robin Oliveira
    Winter Sisters begins with an epic blizzard (see Beyond the Book) hitting the entire Northeast of ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes