Reader reviews and comments on The Pilot's Wife, plus links to write your own review.

The Pilot's Wife

by Anita Shreve

The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve X
The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve

Mar 1999, 293 pages
    Mar 1999, 293 pages

There are currently 34 reader reviews for The Pilot's Wife

Sarah (09/26/03)

I am currently studying Anita Shreve for my dissertation in Advanced Higher English and have read most of her work. I fell in love with Fortune's Rocks and Sea Glass. However, The Pilot's Wife didn't quite live up to the reputation she has made of herself. I agree that her storytelling skills are fabulous, but I don't think it is her best. I do recommend everyone to read Fortune's Rocks, Sea Glass or The Last Time They Met! These are examples of true literary genius!

Sarah Humphrey (17) Scotland.
Melissa Brady (05/23/03)

What a Wonderful story. I really could not put this book down. I too was a little confused by the phone call bit at the end. After reading other reviews, I have it all pieced together now. This book makes you think about life and how you just can not take things for granted, as you never know when your whole world will be turned upside down. I strongly recommend this book for anyone who is looking for a great read.
Billy (03/10/03)

Very poor reading!!
Barbie (03/06/03)

Excellent book. I couldn't put it down!!
Melanie (02/05/03)

This book was AMAZING!! I couldn't put it down!
md (02/03/03)

amazing
Lauren (11/17/02)

Anita Shreve mixes compassion with love, heartache, and curiosity. Truley a page turner than cannot be put down.
dyayasister (10/25/02)

This is the first book I have read from Shreve, and I absolutely loved it!! I can't wait to read another one of her books, she keeps you interested from cover to cover. A great book to curl up with a blanket and a cup of coffee, and ENJOY!!

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

M T G Before I S