Reader reviews and comments on The Pilot's Wife, plus links to write your own review.

The Pilot's Wife

by Anita Shreve

The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve X
The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve

Mar 1999, 293 pages
    Mar 1999, 293 pages

There are currently 34 reader reviews for The Pilot's Wife

Sarah (09/26/03)

I am currently studying Anita Shreve for my dissertation in Advanced Higher English and have read most of her work. I fell in love with Fortune's Rocks and Sea Glass. However, The Pilot's Wife didn't quite live up to the reputation she has made of herself. I agree that her storytelling skills are fabulous, but I don't think it is her best. I do recommend everyone to read Fortune's Rocks, Sea Glass or The Last Time They Met! These are examples of true literary genius!

Sarah Humphrey (17) Scotland.
Melissa Brady (05/23/03)

What a Wonderful story. I really could not put this book down. I too was a little confused by the phone call bit at the end. After reading other reviews, I have it all pieced together now. This book makes you think about life and how you just can not take things for granted, as you never know when your whole world will be turned upside down. I strongly recommend this book for anyone who is looking for a great read.
Billy (03/10/03)

Very poor reading!!
Barbie (03/06/03)

Excellent book. I couldn't put it down!!
Melanie (02/05/03)

This book was AMAZING!! I couldn't put it down!
md (02/03/03)

amazing
Lauren (11/17/02)

Anita Shreve mixes compassion with love, heartache, and curiosity. Truley a page turner than cannot be put down.
dyayasister (10/25/02)

This is the first book I have read from Shreve, and I absolutely loved it!! I can't wait to read another one of her books, she keeps you interested from cover to cover. A great book to curl up with a blanket and a cup of coffee, and ENJOY!!

• Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us
    The Wife Between Us
    by Sarah Pekkanen, Greer Hendricks
    The Wife Between Us is an intriguing collaboration between first-time novelist Greer Hendricks and ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us