Reader reviews and comments on The Overstory, plus links to write your own review.

The Overstory

Poornima Apte

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Overstory

J

Remorse
Reading this book brought a revelation. It also made me very sad that it was not available to read 70 years ago. I grew up in logging country and lived in Humboldt County during the 70s, 80s and 90s when all the timber wars took place. If I had had this book to read then, I would have joined the protestors and 'tree huggers' without reservation. What a mess we humans have made. We just never know when to let well enough alone!
Tom Matamoros

Way Better Than Very Good
Overstory is an exceptional book. Richard Powers deserves to win the Nobel Prize for Literature. He is the smartest and most accomplished American novelist. I recommend all readers of literary fiction read Overstory. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

India's Chipko Andolan

• Book Jacket: In Byron's Wake
    In Byron's Wake
    by Miranda Seymour
    It's tempting to think that our age of celebrity worship coupled with the 24-hour news cycle is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Latecomers
    The Latecomers
    by Helen Klein Ross
    The Latecomers is the third novel written by acclaimed author Helen Klein Ross, following What Was ...
  • Book Jacket: The Inflamed Mind
    The Inflamed Mind
    by Edward Bullmore
    It is common knowledge that depression diminishes the quality of sufferers' lives, but few people ...
  • Book Jacket: The Adults
    The Adults
    by Caroline Hulse
    Things have already fallen apart on the first page of The Adults. The novel opens with an emergency ...

Becoming
by Michelle Obama

An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States.

Golden Child
    by Claire Adam

A deeply affecting debut novel set in Trinidad, following the lives of a family as they navigate impossible choices.

Win Uncommon Type

Uncommon Type
by Tom Hanks

Surprising, intelligent, heartwarming, and a must-have for Tom Hanks fans!

Tell I T T M