Reader reviews and comments on Force of Nature, plus links to write your own review.

Force of Nature

by Jane Harper

Force of Nature by Jane Harper X

Feb 2018, 320 pages
    Jan 2019, 352 pages

There are currently 45 reader reviews for Force of Nature

Nikki M. (Fort Wayne, IN)

Above-average suspense!
This novel had good strong characterization and an interesting Australian setting. I enjoyed the author's sophomore effort as much as I did the first, "The Dry", also set in Australia. I will keep an eye out for future reads from Jane Harper!
Dawn C. (Meridian, ID)

Force of Nature by Jane Harper
This second book in the Aaron Falk series is as good as the first, The Dry. This time there are 5 women who are on a team building hike put on by Executive Adventures. One of the women does not make it back, so in comes Aaron Falk to investigate. Great storylines, intrigue and mystery to keep you turning the pages.
Cheryl S. (Redmond, WA)

Force of Nature by Jane Harper
First of all thank you to BookBrowse for the ARC of Force of Nature by Jane Harper. I loved her first book The Dry, and was very excited to have the opportunity for an early chance to read her second book in what I hope becomes a series. I've always wanted to visit Australia and enjoy reading books set there. Ms. Harper does a great job describing the landscape. I like the main character, federal police agent Aaron Falk. This particular story was slow to build, but once it did I found it hard to put down. I would highly recommend Force of Nature, and look forward to another book and the development of Ms. Harper's main character Agent Falk.
Maribeth R. (Indianapolis, IN)

Harper Scores Another Hit
Harper comes back with a mystery just as engrossing as her first volume, The Dry. But if you read the earlier book, you'll have to make a mental shift as the weatherman has pulled a veil over the dry, arid heat permeating the first story, and now Harper places you in a cold, damp, and creepy zone. The competing story lines of corporate fraud and lost campers are not difficult to follow, and meeting up with Aaron Falk once more should be a pleasant experience for those who enjoyed The Dry. Thumbs up, and a loud call out to Harper for more, more, more.
Betty B. (Irving, TX)

Lost in Australian Bushland
Force of Nature author, Jane Harper, reintroduces us to Federal Police Agent Aaron Falk, the main character in her first novel, The Dry, one of my favorite books. Falk is drawn into the investigation of a woman who fails to return from a three day wilderness hike with four other co-workers. The missing woman is the whistle-blower in his latest case. It takes Falk's investigative skills to find out what happened during those three harrowing days. I was glad to learn more about Aaron Falk and hope there will be future books in this series. While I didn't think Force of Nature was quite as good as The Dry, Harper is such a good writer that this is still a very good read.
Rebecca K. (Chicagoland)

A workplace teambuilding conspiracy
This is the first novel I've read by Jane Harper and I enjoyed it. I liked the switching time periods to explain the present time and then flashing back to the actual teambuilding camping excursion. The coworker drama is very realistic - from petty dislikes to hating a supervisor. The entire situation takes place in the shadow of a serial killer who may or may not have surviving family hiding in the area. The twists and turns in the novel were largely unexpected and surprising. The ending was a big surprise for me - I never would have guessed what happened and who was responsible.
Brenda D. (Lincoln, CA)

Force of Nature
A team-building exercise for a corporate group -- extreme camping in the Australian wilderness -- goes so wrong. "It wasn't one thing that went wrong. It was a hundred little things." And it's Aaron Falk, the wonderful Federal Police Agent from "The Dry" who is involved in finding the missing camper who just happens to be his inside contact in a financial case he is investigating. Along the way, Aaron begins to understand his past, his relationships, about holding grudges and about forgiveness.

This is a slow simmer of suspense -- the author builds layer upon layer until the end where you are completely surprised. Her structure is interesting in that you have the present narration of the ongoing search and then she weaves in the very recent events that actually took place. It would make a great movie. I have so enjoyed both of her books and look forward to many more.
Kate G. (Bronx, NY)

Now Australia is wet and cold
In her debut novel, The Dry, Jane Harper introduced us to Aaron Falk, a federal police officer who deals with financial white collar crime. He was called back to his hot, dry hometown to help solve a murder. In the sequel, the weather remains a large force in the novel, and she again tells a great story. Five women, who all work for the same company in many different roles, are sent out into dense, cold, wet woods as a teambuilding experience. Only four return. Agent Falk and his partner have been investigating this company and the missing women was their contact person, passing documents and making their case. I kept reading until late in the night to reach the end and its satisfying conclusion. I am so glad Jane Harper has found a US publisher and I am waiting eagerly for number 3!!

Australia's National Parks

• Book Jacket: In Byron's Wake
    In Byron's Wake
    by Miranda Seymour
    It's tempting to think that our age of celebrity worship coupled with the 24-hour news cycle is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Latecomers
    The Latecomers
    by Helen Klein Ross
    The Latecomers is the third novel written by acclaimed author Helen Klein Ross, following What Was ...
  • Book Jacket: The Inflamed Mind
    The Inflamed Mind
    by Edward Bullmore
    It is common knowledge that depression diminishes the quality of sufferers' lives, but few people ...
  • Book Jacket: The Adults
    The Adults
    by Caroline Hulse
    Things have already fallen apart on the first page of The Adults. The novel opens with an emergency ...

Becoming
by Michelle Obama

An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States.

House of Stone
    by Novuyo Rosa Tshuma

A masterful debut, pulsing with dark humor, that explores the often destructive act of history-making.

Win Uncommon Type

Uncommon Type
by Tom Hanks

Surprising, intelligent, heartwarming, and a must-have for Tom Hanks fans!

Tell I T T M