Reader reviews and comments on A Gentleman in Moscow, plus links to write your own review.

A Gentleman in Moscow

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 3 reader reviews for A Gentleman in Moscow

Alice (04/11/17)

A Gentleman in Moscow
One of the best books I've ever read! Savor each chapter.

Short ones lead us into more serious chapters which lengthen with the depth of the story and the times.

We are confined to the Hotel just as is the Count and I marveled at his patience, joy of living, and philosophical insights during the rise of the Bolsheviks in Russia. From a grand suite of rooms to a tiny attic with him we meet many interesting characters.
takingmytime (04/03/17)

Lifetime Exile
Count Alexander Ilyich Rostov is sentenced to life, a life lived in the Hotel Metropol - never to leave its doors. Then taken from his elegant suite and relegated to an attic room to spend his life.

It is through his various friends and acquaintances, Nina, Sophia, Anna, Osip, Mikhail and the staff at the hotel that Sasha survives this exile.

This book is breathtaking. The lyrical prose of this novel lulls you into the early 20th century as you image the sights and sounds of Russia. It flows so smoothly that the words just seem to melt away, leaving you with a contented feeling, a need to continue with this mellow hazy sensibility, eating in paragraph after paragraph and continually seeking more.
Kate (03/19/17)

A gentleman in Moscow
Wonderful, smart writing - great story. One of my new fav writers.

The Hotel Metropol

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts
    Music of the Ghosts
    by Vaddey Ratner

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

When I get a little money I buy books...

Y S M B, I'll S Y