MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Everyone Brave is Forgiven, plus links to write your own review.

Everyone Brave is Forgiven

Norah Piehl

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Everyone Brave is Forgiven

Chris Schaefer

Heartbreaking
I had to plan on when to read this book, as I wanted to be uninterrupted and if I became tearful, it was ok. Such a grand book. So much to visualize on how people survived this war. Outstanding but painful. Educational and honest. A book I won't forget....ever.
mary anne rees

A war story to read and reread
This novel takes place on 2 fronts of world was 2---London and Malta. The description of the destruction done by the Blitz to places and to the people is heartbreaking. The sacrifices of the soldiers on Malta made me cry.

The characters are complex. Most I wanted the best for but with tension of both class struggle and racial intolerance displayed in the story some characters were hateful.

The story is complex. It is a war story and a love story. I thought it was beautifully written. I don't reread books often but I plan to reread this novel.
heather overholt

Superficial!
Since this was our Book Club selection, I plodded through two hundred fifty pages but could bear no more.Thereafter, I simply skimmed a bit here and there to get the gist.The characters lacked depth and the dialogue seemed unrealistic, a parody of British stiff upper lip.

After enjoying Little Bee so much this effort was a real disappointment!

Malta During World War II

• Book Jacket: Death in Mud Lick
    Death in Mud Lick
    by Eric Eyre
    When Eric Eyre, investigative and statehouse reporter for the Charleston Gazette-Daily, began ...
    Orange World and Other Stories
    by Karen Russell
    Karen Russell has a tremendous gift for crafting uncanny, through-the-looking glass worlds that are ...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Longings
    The Book of Longings
    by Sue Monk Kidd
    The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd follows the life of Ana, a woman born in the Galilean city of ...
  • Book Jacket: Master Class
    Master Class
    by Christina Dalcher
    Christina Dalcher's Master Class shows America sleepwalking into a perfectionist eventuality not ...

The Prisoner's Wife
    by Maggie Brookes

Inspired by the true story of a courageous young woman who enters a Nazi POW camp to be with the man she loves.

Daughter of the Reich
    by Louise Fein

A spellbinding story of impossible love set against the backdrop of the Nazi regime.

The Paris Hours
by Alex George

One day in the City of Light. One night in search of lost time.

Win The House on Fripp Island

The House on Fripp Island
by Rebecca Kauffman

A taut, page-turning novel of secrets and strife.

B I T T Water