Reader reviews and comments on Everyone Brave is Forgiven, plus links to write your own review.

Everyone Brave is Forgiven

Norah Piehl

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Everyone Brave is Forgiven

Chris Schaefer

Heartbreaking
I had to plan on when to read this book, as I wanted to be uninterrupted and if I became tearful, it was ok. Such a grand book. So much to visualize on how people survived this war. Outstanding but painful. Educational and honest. A book I won't forget....ever.
mary anne rees

A war story to read and reread
This novel takes place on 2 fronts of world was 2---London and Malta. The description of the destruction done by the Blitz to places and to the people is heartbreaking. The sacrifices of the soldiers on Malta made me cry.

The characters are complex. Most I wanted the best for but with tension of both class struggle and racial intolerance displayed in the story some characters were hateful.

The story is complex. It is a war story and a love story. I thought it was beautifully written. I don't reread books often but I plan to reread this novel.
heather overholt

Superficial!
Since this was our Book Club selection, I plodded through two hundred fifty pages but could bear no more.Thereafter, I simply skimmed a bit here and there to get the gist.The characters lacked depth and the dialogue seemed unrealistic, a parody of British stiff upper lip.

After enjoying Little Bee so much this effort was a real disappointment!

Malta During World War II

• Book Jacket: Daisy Jones & The Six
    Daisy Jones & The Six
    by Taylor Jenkins Reid
    In this evocative novel written in the format of an interview with members of a fictional music ...
  • Book Jacket: The Age of Living Machines
    The Age of Living Machines
    by Susan Hockfield
    In the face of looming global challenges, such as overpopulation, resource depletion and disease, Dr...
    The Mars Room
    by Rachel Kushner
    There is palpable tension between expectation and reality in Rachel Kushner's third novel. The ...
  • Book Jacket: The Guest Book
    The Guest Book
    by Sarah Blake
    Sarah Blake's critically-acclaimed third novel The Guest Book was a hit with our First Impressions ...

Patsy
    by Nicole Dennis-Benn

A haunting depiction of immigration and womanhood, and the silent threads of love.

Book Club
Fly Girls
by Keith O'Brien

How five daring women defied all odds and made aviation history.

Win The Guest Book

The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense."
—Entertainment Weekly