Reader reviews and comments on The Returned, plus links to write your own review.

by Jason Mott

Aug 2013, 400 pages
    Mar 2014, 400 pages

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Returned

Meredith k (08/24/14)

Gone but not forgotten
This is definitely a "thinking" persons book. It brings faith,death and anarchy to the front lines. It makes you look at yourself and life in a new way.

One of the best books I've read in a long time.
Power Reviewer Diane S. (09/19/13)

The Returned
This book is being heavily promoted and is now in production for a television series. It is a book that raises so many questions. The dead start appearing, (not a vampire or Zombie in the bunch, thank you Jason Mott) an eight year old boy who drowned at the age of eight, fifty years before is delivered to his now 70 yrs. old parents. The dead are the same age as when they died, at first this is looked on as miraculous but this soon begins to change.

It raised many questions for me. I had been very close to my grandparents, if they appeared on my doorstep how would I react. That is the main premise of the book, because of course as more and more of these dead people keep returning the ugly comes out in many people. The government and the military get involved, had to know that was coming. Are these people miraculous or unnatural, demons in fact? Why when we fear something that is different most they be either or, is there not a middle ground? The town of Arcadia in North Carolina is turned in to a battle ground, but this is happening everywhere in the world.

I think the thing I liked best about this book is that the ending is not fed to us, it is not absolute but maybe left up to the reader based on what side of this happening they would have fallen. Quite different, quite good.

Life After Death

The Marriage of Opposites
    by Alice Hoffman

All Is Not Forgotten
    by Wendy Walker

This is fast-paced psychological suspense/thriller at it's very best.

Falling
    by Jane Green

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All