Reader reviews and comments on The Still Point of the Turning World, plus links to write your own review.

The Still Point of the Turning World

Norah Piehl

There is 1 reader review for The Still Point of the Turning World

Louise J

Beautiful Memoir!
Ronan was diagnosed with Tay-Sachs disease at the age of nine-months. Tay-Sachs is a rare and always fatal degenerative disorder, and precious little Ronan wasn’t expected to live beyond the age of three, and would be permanently stalled, developmentally at the age of six months.

The Still Point of the Turning World is a beautiful story that is a true testament to Rick and Emily’s son. It stirred up so many emotions in me and I longed to befriend the couple. Not to be nosey or seek information, but just to be an extra ‘someone’ for them to count on who didn’t judge, prod, or ask questions. Just to “be” in silence or conversation, whatever they needed at any given time. I will admit that I had a few sniffling moments while reading this gorgeously, bravely, written memoir. This definitely gets a huge thumbs-up from me!

Tay-Sachs Disease

• Book Jacket: Rust & Stardust
    Rust & Stardust
    by T Greenwood
    Highly readable and tightly plotted, T. Greenwood's Rust and Stardust achieves the perfect ...
  • Book Jacket: American Prison
    American Prison
    by Shane Bauer
    After spending over two years in Iran's notorious Evin Prison for supposedly crossing the country's ...
  • Book Jacket: Small Fry
    Small Fry
    by Lisa Brennan-Jobs
    Small Fry is the debut memoir from Lisa Brennan-Jobs, long-time journalist and writer, and oldest ...
  • Book Jacket: The Winter Soldier
    The Winter Soldier
    by Daniel Mason
    Imagine the thousands of confounding cases doctors face routinely for which diagnoses are hard to ...

The Winter Soldier by Daniel Mason

A story of war and medicine, of family, of finding love in the sweeping tides of history, and of the mistakes we make.

French Exit
    by Patrick deWitt

A brilliant and darkly comic novel from bestselling author Patrick deWitt.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter