Reader reviews and comments on The Still Point of the Turning World, plus links to write your own review.

The Still Point of the Turning World

Norah Piehl

There is 1 reader review for The Still Point of the Turning World

Power Reviewer Louise J

Beautiful Memoir!
Ronan was diagnosed with Tay-Sachs disease at the age of nine-months. Tay-Sachs is a rare and always fatal degenerative disorder, and precious little Ronan wasn’t expected to live beyond the age of three, and would be permanently stalled, developmentally at the age of six months.

The Still Point of the Turning World is a beautiful story that is a true testament to Rick and Emily’s son. It stirred up so many emotions in me and I longed to befriend the couple. Not to be nosey or seek information, but just to be an extra ‘someone’ for them to count on who didn’t judge, prod, or ask questions. Just to “be” in silence or conversation, whatever they needed at any given time. I will admit that I had a few sniffling moments while reading this gorgeously, bravely, written memoir. This definitely gets a huge thumbs-up from me!

Tay-Sachs Disease

• Book Jacket: Shadow Man
    Shadow Man
    by Alan Drew
    The Noise of Time
    by Julian Barnes
    Smoke
    by Dan Vyleta

They say that in the end truth will triumph, but it's a lie.

The Almost Sisters

A powerful, emotionally resonant novel of the South.

T H Are B T O