Reader reviews and comments on The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving, plus links to write your own review.

The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving

Judy Krueger

There is 1 reader review for The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving

CarolK

A Road Trip not like Thelma & Louise
The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving. came highly recommended to me so I'm not certain what took me so long to read it.

I had read Evison's West of Here and liked it, and yet I'm not certain I was quite prepared for The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving. I was expecting more of the same but there is no comparison between the two other than plain good writing. It is heartening when an author can take a different direction and just get it right. If I could give The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving 10 stars I would. It's not always easy to explain why a book makes my best list but suffice it to say this one just did. I loved it.

Easy premise. Ben Benjamin has lost it all though early on you are not quite certain how or why. All you know is that he's down to his last bucks, takes a course as a caregiver and is interviewing for a job. Little does he know this client, Trev, 19 year old, suffering from muscular dystrophy, and also one royal pain in the you know what, will change his life. The relationship that develops between these two mismatched souls is something to read. Their constant banter, all I can think is guy speak, made me laugh, but I also kept the tissues nearby as there's serious stuff going on here too. These two guys, both searching for something, eventually set out on one heck of an American road trip. There are other characters of course, and all are brought vividly to life by Evison's expertise.

The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving is a story I won't soon forget and one I'll recommend to many. Excellent!

• Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers