Reader reviews and comments on The Trinity Six, plus links to write your own review.

The Trinity Six

by Charles Cumming

The Trinity Six by Charles Cumming X
The Trinity Six by Charles Cumming

Mar 2011, 368 pages
    Mar 2012, 368 pages

Elizabeth Whitmore Funk

There are currently 23 reader reviews for The Trinity Six

Ray P. (Selden, NY) (02/04/11)

The return of the international spy game!
Back in the 1930's, a group of five respected British men from Cambridge were revealed to be Russian spies. They earned the nickname --- the Magnificent Five.

Now, in present times, a British academic and authority on Russian history, Sam Gaddis, has turned up evidence that points to a potential sixth member of this infamous group. The only problem is that each time Sam finds someone who can give him information on this long hidden mystery they seem to end up dead.

Sam discovers that the alleged sixth spy may have actually been a double-agent working for the British government. Through a series of hair-raising events, Sam realizes that the real secret is the fact that the saviour of modern Russian may have attempted to defect to the West at his country's most desperate hour. This is a fact that many powerful people in both Russia and Britian can not have released.

Charles Cumming has produced a non-stop thriller that brings the spy game back to life. THE TRINITY SIX is one exciting read!
Catherine H. (Nashua, NH) (02/02/11)

A Page Turner
This was my first "espionage" book and I have to admit I was very skeptical but I was pleasantly surprised. The Cambridge Five, the Cold War, Russians spies vs British M15 and M16, a pursuit in Vienna, an academic on a quest: the perfect recipe for an excellent read. Cinema has "The third man" but this is more like the sixth man: read the book and find out why.
William E. (Honolulu, HI) (02/01/11)

A Good Read Trinity Six
I have always been interested in the in the espionage of the "five" and so I found the book informative as to the individuals involved originally. Although it began slowly, the book became more compelling as it developed. I recommend the book to anyone interested in the period and or a good mystery.
Sandy C. (Houston, TX) (02/01/11)

A page turning thriller
Trinity Six was a truly enjoyable read. The plot hooked me within the first 10 pages and I had a hard time setting it down after that. Unlike other books in this genre, the plot was believable and the main character human. Very well done.
Brenda D. (Lincoln, CA) (01/31/11)

The Trinity Six
The introductory quote pretty much sums up this great spy thriller -- "...never catch a spy. Discover him and then control him ... A spy causes far more trouble when he's caught." I found the narrative a little confusing sometimes because of some of the background of the British spies, but it's a "page-turner" as you experience professor/historian Sam Gaddis' search for the sixth spy and his battle of wits with both the British and Russian espionage agencies. A good example of the genre. I thought it was well written with good pacing and a believable main character.
Kathleen W. (New Brighton,, MN) (01/29/11)

Been there, read that?
International espionage? Double agents? Been there, read that? I thought so too until I picked up THE TRINITY SIX by Charles Cumming. The present day happenings, centered in and around academic Dr. Sam Gaddis, concern the 1930's British Cambridge spy ring of five. BUT... could there have been a sixth member and if so, who and where is this person today? This thriller is a fast-paced, creative and exciting, well-worth-your-time jaunt for the reader with perhaps even a sequel to follow? Something devoutly to be wished, Charles Cumming!
Patricia H. (Norman, OK) (01/29/11)

Trinity Six
This is a typical English novel with lots of detail and a slower paced story than most American mystery novels. However, the story held my interest throughout the novel. The protagonist experienced a variety of emotions with uncertainty and fear the key elements as well as lots of action before he was finally able to safely resume his old life. But the reader will have to decide for his/her self if, in fact, the story has really come to an end. Well done.

The Cambridge Five

by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...
  • Book Jacket: Winter Sisters
    Winter Sisters
    by Robin Oliveira
    Winter Sisters begins with an epic blizzard (see Beyond the Book) hitting the entire Northeast of ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes