What readers think of In The Meantime, plus links to write your own review.

In The Meantime

Sep 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 34 reader reviews for In The Meantime

Cheryl Mozdrech

To better health
This book is awesome. It was recommended to me 25 years ago. I wasn't interested in reading, not willing to make time to read. Finally, I have time to read as well as enjoy reading. Age I suppose. Anyways, it is a great read about cleaning out your heart for better things to come in, which is what I needed to do. I had too much garbage that I was able to get rid of and now enjoying the better things that life has to offer.
Lallie Pillay

In the Meantime
After telling a friend my story of abuse, she gave this book to read, which opened my thoughts and heart to what happens In The Meantime - we love. After reading this book I found strength, happiness, independence, and clarity where I want to be.
I am presently using what I learned to help a friend that I have not seen in 15 years to come to terms with his divorce.
Zodwa

In the mean time
After reading this book my life change completely for the best. I started seeing every relationship I had a preparation towards the best that is to come. I'm now in a very happy relationship that I appreciate so much, not carrying the baggage of the past into the future. Thank you so much Lyanla for being such an inspiration in my life
Marilyn D McNeil

In the Meantime
This is an excellent choice for broken hearted women. I read this book my freshman year of college and now I have a Masters Degree in Organizational Management and in pursuit of a CACR as a Substance Abuse Therapist. The love I was looking for was already present inside myself. Thank you Mrs. Vanzant for the powerful words of wisdom.
amy valerie

opened up...
I've always been a open minded person, that is willing to change my perspective of life every chance I have. This book played a huge part in my life, helping me to recognize where I stand in love's house for myself. I realized how much I do love myself, how its not about the problems, not about the stress, the difficulty to get by, if you love yourself and all that you surround yourself with everything eventually just falls into place making your state of mind to be pure unconditional love (the attic). I found myself to be in the third floor for majority of my life, and just recently worked my way up to the top and really appreciate everything and everyone. to completely find myself and be satisfied with what the world has to offer. when you come across that stage, you notice that all the other people that feel that way towards life start to change their perspective. This book just opened a whole knew door for me. I'm 18,... yeah I know I'm young, but there's been so much going on in my life since I was 10 that this book helped me get through "my stuff", clean out my house and get everything straightened out.
Kelly Wilhoit

In the Meantime
Excellent Book! Before reading this book, I was a mess. Always unsure of myself. I didn't trust me... I was always asking for other peoples advice for fear of making a mistake. I was always attracting negative energy, and blaming other people for my shortcomings, and more. Since reading this book... I have learned to trust myself, honor myself, respect myself , love myself... all of which I had no idea... that I wasn't doing for me. I also, learned how to speak the truth and live my truth and do things consistent with what I believe...even if others don't agree. I realize that I had all the answers all this time... this book just showed me how to access them. I have passed my recommendation on to several friends and it has helped them as well.
M. Villeneuve

The Best I have ever read
Upon realizing what a mess I was living 6 years ago I read this book and it had inspired me to change how I lived my life by sayingy "No" to some unhealthy decisions and situations. However recently I have come across a situation entirely differenty but still I find myself refering back to this book for support in my life. I loved reading it once and will continue to enjoy it even more the second time. Thank you for helping me in another situation, your guidance is greatly appreciated.
Cecilia

It found me.
This book found me when I most needed it...3 days after the person I thought I was in love with told me he had somebody else and asked me to move on. Nonetheless, this book taught me that I was never really in love but in fear....It has opened my eyes and my heart and I'm grateful.

Join BookBrowse today to start discovering exceptional books!

• Book Jacket: After Sappho
    After Sappho
    by Selby Wynn Schwartz

"Someone will remember us, I say, even in another time."
    —Sappho, fragment ...

• Book Jacket: City Under One Roof
    City Under One Roof
    by Iris Yamashita
    When a disembodied arm and leg wash ashore in Point Mettier, Alaska, most residents assume they ...
  • Book Jacket: We Deserve Monuments
    We Deserve Monuments
    by Jas Hammonds
    Jas Hammonds' debut young adult novel We Deserve Monuments provides a fresh look at the coming-of-...
    Factory Girls
    by Leslie T. Chang
    Considering the articles in recent years regarding toy recalls or melamine-tainted milk ...

The Mitford Affair
by Marie Benedict
An explosive novel of history's most notorious sisters, one of whom will have to choose: her country or her family?

Members Recommend

Ghost Season
    by Fatin Abbas

A beautifully orchestrated debut connecting five people caught in the crosshairs of conflict on the Sudanese border.

This Other Eden
    by Paul Harding

A novel inspired by the true story of Malaga Island from the Pulitzer Prize–winning author of Tinkers.

The Nazi Conspiracy
    by Brad Meltzer & Josh Mensch

From two bestselling authors, the true story of the plot to kill Roosevelt, Stalin, and Churchill.

C To T Q

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.