What readers think of In The Meantime, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Jan 1998, 366 pages

Sep 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 34 reader reviews for In The Meantime

Mark Greyvenstein

Still reading this Wonderful book, and it is having a profound experience on my life. I'm sure it has for many others, as well. Thank you Iyanla Vanzant
Denise

I havent finished the book yet but i love what i've read so far.
I'm learning alot from this book and i hope it does for me what it says it will.
Lilly

It was a very inspiring and spiritual book. Only after 3 weeks I meet a wonderful friend and we got married six months afterward. We have been married for 3 years now and constantly learning how to grow in love with each other. The book teaches that the meantime is a continual process it doesn't stop, therefore everyone needs the skills in order to overcome and learn how to enjoy the meantime.
Graduate student
University of Arkansas
Nik

The most rewarding book I have ever read. Really put me at ease with who I was, and encouraged me to continue to be the person that I am.

After reading this book, for the first time I can say that I am happy being single. I no longer get up in the morning and "wish" I had someone. This book helped me to be happy and content to be love, and stop "trying" to find someone.

I underlined many paragraphs from the book that were really profound for me, and I go back to the book often for a little pick me up...
Kimberly Savage

I was having a hard time . And was given this book to read and loved the book . I have read it over and over .I think everyone needs to read this book.

"In the Meantime" showed me how important I was to myself. References to "Cleaning Products" and "Floors" were easy to follow and I was easily able to put them into perspective in my life. This book helped me turn my life around by giving me the support and guidance I needed - professionally, personally, romantically. I highly recommend it.

Have you ever re-viewed your life? Have you ever re-envisioned your future? Have you ever re-defined your definition of happiness? Absolutely independent of what mother, father, grandmother, teacher or anyone else for that matter, told you. Imagine not imagining being married. Imagine not imagining having children. Imagine imagining yourself alone. Can you imagine yourself being happy in and of your Self?

Teri
I did not think the book was well written and I believe it encourages people to be too self-centered. However, it has a few good points, such as: "You can't grab what is good for you if you are holding on to what is bad for you." and "fluctuation is not the same as change." In toto, it is worth reading.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Demon of Unrest
    The Demon of Unrest
    by Erik Larson
    In the aftermath of the 1860 presidential election, the divided United States began to collapse as ...
  • Book Jacket: Daughters of Shandong
    Daughters of Shandong
    by Eve J. Chung
    Daughters of Shandong is the debut novel of Eve J. Chung, a human rights lawyer living in New York. ...
  • Book Jacket: Anita de Monte Laughs Last
    Anita de Monte Laughs Last
    by Xochitl Gonzalez
    Brooklyn-based novelist Xochitl Gonzalez is an inspiring writer to follow. At forty, she decided to ...
  • Book Jacket: Icarus
    Icarus
    by K. Ancrum
    The titular protagonist of K. Ancrum's young adult novel Icarus lives a double life that mixes the ...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Familiar
by Leigh Bardugo
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author Leigh Bardugo comes a spellbinding novel set in the Spanish Golden Age.

Members Recommend

The Stolen Child
    by Ann Hood

An unlikely duo ventures through France and Italy to solve the mystery of a child’s fate.

This Strange Eventful History
    by Claire Messud

An immersive, masterful story of a family born on the wrong side of history.

Win This Book
Win Only the Brave

Only the Brave by Danielle Steel

A powerful, sweeping historical novel about a courageous woman in World War II Germany.

F T a T