Reader reviews and comments on Cutting For Stone, plus links to write your own review.

Cutting For Stone

Lucia Silva

There are currently 34 reader reviews for Cutting For Stone

Denise

Cutting for Stone
This was our book club book. It was not for me at all. I found there was too much detailed description throughout that got in the way of the flow of the story. The description of the delivery of the twins made me rather sick to my stomach. There was too much medical vocabulary to be taken in by the average reader (and I have a Master's). Sorry, not a top pick for me at all.
Disappointed

Pay attention!
Yes, it's epic; yes, it is thickly plotted, but please, people--beneath very seductive and flowing prose is a strongly misogynistic book--doesn't anyone notice that women--when they are given any attention at all--are martyrs or madonnas? That having sex out of wedlock leads to serious illness and/or death? That the protagonist (Marion) is a rapist? that once Hema gains possession of the twins she vanishes as a fully realized character?
Despite claims for a patient-centered narrative, it's still all about the western-style doctor.

• Book Jacket: The Perfectionists