Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 269 reader reviews for A Child Called It

LeiAnn Richmond

Awesome and heat touching
This book had me in tears when I read the first page!!! It was so true and heart breaking!! This story made me feel like I was in the David Plezer's life and feeling the pain that he was feeling. It was probably hard to open up about but I would convince you to read this book.
Sosefina Lealai

Inspirational and
This Book Is Just Unbelievable. This Book Is So Touching And I Admire It. In Somewhat Way, I Can Actually Relate To Dave Pelzer's Story. My Parents Weren't So Much Like That. Instead, It Was My Parents Family Who Treated Me As If I Wasn't A Human Being, As If I Was An "It". But Even With That Happening In My Past, This Book, Dave Pelzer, Has Showed Me How To Appreciate Things In Life And How To Take Every Little Single Thing For Granted. I Use To Be The Type Of Girl Who Would Blame Myself For My Past, Who Would Be Picky On The Food I Eat, Who Would Argue With My Siblings. But After Encountering This Book, All Of That, Has Changed. I'm More Loving And Appreciative And I Thank This Book And Dave Pelzer For That. I Hope In The Future, There Can Be More Inspiring Books/Stories Like " The Boy Called It ". Thank You For A Phenomenal And Overwhelming Book.
Selene

The child called it
Love it
kathy walsh

Sad
This book was very good unfortunately was very upsetting. How anyone could do what this child went through?
Stephanie

my review
This book is really sad. I can imagine going through some things the little kid when through but not all. I don't get how he could even survive. I would of just left the mom and ran away to find the dad. Or just go with aunts and uncles cuz the dad didn't even try and help he just left.. just like everyone else..??
Jennifer K

A Child Called It
I read this book and the other two in the trilogy. This first of the three is an amazing first-hand account of the survival of a little boy trying to grow up with a sick and twisted mother, with no relief in sight. I cried through much of it, while seeing it through his eyes. Amazing that he grew up at all, let alone the good man he became. Love this book!
Bannessa

Couldn't put it down.

• Book Jacket: The Liar
    The Liar
    by Ayelet Gundar-Goshen
    The Liar is a book that will make its readers uncomfortable by design; set in modern-day Israel, it ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dutch House
    The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

There are a few times in life when you leap up and the past that you'd been standing on falls away ...

• Book Jacket: The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek
    The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek
    by Kim Michele Richardson
    A loyal animal companion, treks through gorgeous but forbidding wilderness, glimpses of larger ...
  • Book Jacket: Where the Light Enters
    Where the Light Enters
    by Sara Donati
    In this thrilling follow-up to The Gilded Hour, doctors Sophie and Anna Savard take on a baffling ...

Book Club
Visible Empire
by Hannah Pittard

An epic novel—based on true events—of love, grief, race, and wealth.

Win The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

An enchanting story for fans of The Little Paris Bookshop and The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

L, Damn L, A S