What readers think of A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 270 reader reviews for A Child Called It

Kallista

reweiw
I read the whole book front to back and I was horrified. I thought it was a rather interesting book because of the brutal things the mother put this boy through. If I could this book a higher rating I would give it a 6, being super excellent.
hayllie

child called it
When I saw this book I didn't think that it was going to be very good, but when I started reading it I couldn't stop. When I was done reading the book I was thinking to myself he had to be really strong. Right now I'm reading The Lost Boy. Hopefully its as good as The Child Called It.
ebony

what i think
When I looked at the book I said this book is going to be lame. But when I read the back of the book that's when I was like I have to read this whole book because I like books that have to do with somebody's life.
Dayana

A Child Called It
I really think that A Child Called It is a really good book. Once you read the first paragraph you will be attached to it. When my mom told me to read the book I thought it was going to be super boring and I would just hide it under my bed like all the other books I disliked, but man was I wrong! If you are looking for a book that's emotional and amazing the book called: "A Child Called It" is the one for you.
shayla addison

exceelent
I read this book and in my head I pictured what David Pelzer went through, and I was hurt, upset, and I felt really sorry for him, because no child or no person should go through what he went through--but he survived .....through it all I love reading this book and I would read it 1,000,000 more times ---- it tells a good message
Eva

best
Best book I have ever read!!!
Katie

BEST STORY
Dave Pelzer I been in those problems with our mom. I survived you did too.
miss.windover's class from cpims...

The best book we have read this year
This book is really sad and the mother is a really bad lady. I think she should go to jail and get the death penalty for what she did to David. No one on Earth should ever have a mom that beats them like that. This is our class review on this book.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: If I Survive You
    If I Survive You
    by Jonathan Escoffery
  • Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia