Reader reviews and comments on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, plus links to write your own review.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Jun 2009, 480 pages

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 47 reader reviews for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Jeanie

Great read...depends who u r
This book is absolutely amazing! If you are a crime junkie you will love it. I am a tenth grader and read it. A lot of people told me that they thought it was really weird and that they did not like it. I honestly believe that they judged it solely based on the sexual content. The first 100 pages are pretty slow almost like a Stephen king novel but after that you literally can't put it down!!:) i would recommend this book to any crime junkie but only if they can handle the law and order: svu intensity if you know what I mean. Great book 15/10 hands down one of the best
Allison Box

Great Read
After reading the first chapter, I was skeptical that it would speed up, or that I would like it. But after the first chapter, I was hooked. I could not put it down until I finished it. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves crime stories. I will definitely be finishing the trilogy.
Katie

Love it when women fight back....
This book was 100 times better than the movie. I think most people who read the series will agree to that. It is a must read. It reminds me of the book THAT GIRL STARTED HER OWN COUNTRY by Holy Ghost Writer. If you love this type of spy, thriller with a strong female lead then this is your MUST READ book. The female lead is strong, powerful and proves you can only take so much before you fight back. Love both books and highly recommend them!
Barrett Nelson

Know before U read!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Larsson basically wrote one book. Sure, the first stands alone, but the next two are just a continuation of the first. ESPECIALLY read With Fire before Hornets Nest. It is really ONE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!
FrankJoseph

Astonishing! Well-written classic. Swedes be proud!
As an American, the locations, and references took some effort to forge through, but the crux was the inevitable meeting between two strong characters; the girl (with the dragon tattoo!) and Blomkvist. The prologue with Vanger and his obsession with the disappearance of Harriet and the the flowers received year after torturing year, was an instant hook.

How could anyone not be entangled with this web of corporate family deceipt, mystery and a tattooed rebel iconic hacker?

Instantly emphatic, you root, both for the truth and the bond between these two, because of their unique abilities to seek it out, and their relationship with relationships!

At times they realize too much about themselves and the case they were hired for, but ultimately the better for it.

This book and I'm sure its sequels, are well worth the time invested. Outstanding discovery on my part! But this reader highly recommends you absorb "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo".

It will never leave you. A true classic.
LittlePetal

Exceptionally magnificant
I have to say that Millenium Trilogy has truly transformed my perception of crime fiction forever. Larsson did possess a reason to write the series, and the most brilliant novelist he was and forevermore he will be remembered in time. Mesmorising characters in its own originality and a sensational plot twisted for dramatic effect, it's these ingredients that captured my heart for the Trilogy. I don't care if it's Eva or Larsson's brothers writing the next books, just get the damn Trilogy out now!!!
mike c

Swedish Mystery
If you want to read a book where you are thinking, "Holy crap, what's going to happen next?", this will fill the bill. Lizabeth Salander is a ball of fire, and you will find yourself rooting for her succeess and survival. You will be introduced to Swedish geography and taken to many locations in the Swedish countryside. There exists underlying themes of sexual violence and political corruption, but you can accept it as a starting premise, then get lost in the mystery, intrigue and adventure that Steig Larson masterfully weaves to maintain your attention and tell the story of Lizbeth Salander.
The Girl in 9th Grade

From a kid's perspective
Speaking as a freshman in high school, I found this book to be very good. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo has many dull parts that were a bit hard to get but the whole premise was intriguing and I couldn't wait to find out what happened. Before I read this book I had never really thought about the country of Sweden, it doesn't really crop up in the news, nor does it crop up in school work. So as I read this I was just amazed at the injustices that appeared. I'm not sure if they are realistic, but if they are then hopefully someone is doing something about them. All in all, this book, as well as the trilogy was great.

• Book Jacket: American Histories
    by Madeline Miller

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya

A riveting story of dislocation, survival, and the power of stories to break or save us.

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes