Reader reviews and comments on Say You're One of Them, plus links to write your own review.

Say You're One of Them

Lucia Silva

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Say You're One of Them

Ally (01/15/10)

Sad, but so boring
This book is very sad and very true, but the only thing about this book is that it's sooo boring at first. I mean the only story I found interesting was My Parents Bedroom.
BeeLyn Araya (10/12/09)

Say You're One Of Them
Say You're One of Them is in a word, haunting. I read each paragraph, afraid, anxious of the next. I found myself objecting out loud, rooting for the children, not wanting to believe that the evil would prevail. This is the most important book I've ever read. It humbled me and the "obstacles" I face in this country. To me, Africa is synonymous with God, especially the way the world, as a whole, has failed them both. This is a must read for anyone who has seen the African struggle on the news and flipped the channel. The children in this book dare you to stop reading. You simply can't.

• Book Jacket: Commonwealth
    I Contain Multitudes
    by Ed Yong

Under the Udala Trees
by Chinelo Okparanta

Raw, emotionally intelligent and unflinchingly honest--a triumph.

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review