Reader reviews and comments on Small Steps, plus links to write your own review.

Small Steps

by Louis Sachar

Small Steps by Louis Sachar X
Small Steps by Louis Sachar

Jan 2006, 272 pages
    Jan 2008, 288 pages

There are currently 34 reader reviews for Small Steps

emely

Always Take Small Steps!!
What I thought of the book was a lesson to always take small steps. Like riding a bike, you do it little by little. This book was very good. If you read the book Holes the character Armpit is the main person in this book. He has five small steps that will help him in live. In this book he meets a famous singer. They become friends a then more then friends. This is a very very good book you should read it . It is shocking, funny, and has action. I LOVE IT!!! READ IT!!
dailynewsforkids

GREAT BOOK FOR ALL AGES !!
This a very nice book. The writer of the book - Louis Sachar - has the gift of writing in writing this best seller. Kids in my school enjoy the book; the purpose of the book is hard to find, but it is a very interesting book for all ages. If you want to read a great book this is the book you are looking for. It's very enthusiastic and it teaches you everyday life lessons that you will need in the future. It's a very very great book.
Samiyah

Very Good Book
Small Steps is a very exciting book. My best freind said I should read it. Well it just so happens that I read this book three months before my ELA teacher says we have to read it and do a book review. I would recommend this book for all ages. I say this because it shows that you can have friends that are different than you. Whether it be a different age,skin color , or gender.
Bob

Small Steps
One word...amazing!
Brian

Review of Small Steps
The book Small Steps was a great book that I read in school. I liked this book because it continued the Holes story and we learned more about Armpit who was not the main character in Holes. Also this book had a believable plot and it made me listen in class.

I think that this book will would be good for boys and girls about 7th grade and up because of some of the scenes.
Aaron

wow
First of all I'd like to say that I don't even like reading that much. I think most books are really boring. But Louis Sachar books are insanely by far the best. Especially Small Steps. I read this book for a report. So since I knew I had to read a book I chose this one. And I liked it so much, (even though I don't like to read,) one night i read for two hours straight!!, I couldn't put it down literally. And it was the best part of the book too. When Armpit was gonna sell her letter that was embarrassing but then walked in the room and saw El Genius with the bat. That was the most intense part of the book. But Louis Sachar, you're my favorite author by far, and once again even though I don't like reading, i would never mind reading one of your books because they're wonderful and awesome and exciting and...other good things!
Ashley

Awesome book!
I thought it was awesome!!!! I couldn't stop reading it I did a book report on it and I got a A+!!!! Is there going to be another book coming out I mean I know how Kiara DeLeon is doing. I want to know if El Genius got out of jail and is out to kill Kiara!
John

John's review
This is a great book for teenagers. It has a brilliant plot line that can keep anyone hooked and I can't wait until Louis Sachar releases the next book in the series.

• Book Jacket: Feast Your Eyes
    Feast Your Eyes
    by Myla Goldberg
    Myla Goldberg's latest novel, Feast Your Eyes, is ostensibly about the works of fictional ...
  • Book Jacket: Greek to Me
    Greek to Me
    by Mary Norris
    Mary Norris' Greek to Me received an overwhelmingly favorable response from our First Impression ...
  • Book Jacket: Miracle Creek
    Miracle Creek
    by Angie Kim
    Miracle Creek, the debut novel from Angie Kim, hinges on the mysterious explosion of an oxygen tank....
  • Book Jacket: Courting Mr. Lincoln
    Courting Mr. Lincoln
    by Louis Bayard
    19 out of 21 of our First Impression Reviewers rated Louis Bayard's latest novel, Courting Mr. ...

The Guest Book
    by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
    Entertainment Weekly

Women Rowing North
    by Mary Pipher

The instant New York Times bestseller from the author of Reviving Ophelia.

Book Club
Her Kind of Case
by Jeanne Winer

A highly-recommended emotion-filled legal drama with three starred reviews!

Win Miracle Creek

My husband asked me to lie. Not a big lie...

A thrilling debut novel for fans of Liane Moriarty and Celeste Ng.

I I T S Form O F