MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Small Steps, plus links to write your own review.

Small Steps

by Louis Sachar

Small Steps by Louis Sachar X
Small Steps by Louis Sachar

Jan 2006, 272 pages
    Jan 2008, 288 pages

There are currently 34 reader reviews for Small Steps

emely

Always Take Small Steps!!
What I thought of the book was a lesson to always take small steps. Like riding a bike, you do it little by little. This book was very good. If you read the book Holes the character Armpit is the main person in this book. He has five small steps that will help him in live. In this book he meets a famous singer. They become friends a then more then friends. This is a very very good book you should read it . It is shocking, funny, and has action. I LOVE IT!!! READ IT!!
dailynewsforkids

GREAT BOOK FOR ALL AGES !!
This a very nice book. The writer of the book - Louis Sachar - has the gift of writing in writing this best seller. Kids in my school enjoy the book; the purpose of the book is hard to find, but it is a very interesting book for all ages. If you want to read a great book this is the book you are looking for. It's very enthusiastic and it teaches you everyday life lessons that you will need in the future. It's a very very great book.
Samiyah

Very Good Book
Small Steps is a very exciting book. My best freind said I should read it. Well it just so happens that I read this book three months before my ELA teacher says we have to read it and do a book review. I would recommend this book for all ages. I say this because it shows that you can have friends that are different than you. Whether it be a different age,skin color , or gender.
Bob

Small Steps
One word...amazing!
Brian

Review of Small Steps
The book Small Steps was a great book that I read in school. I liked this book because it continued the Holes story and we learned more about Armpit who was not the main character in Holes. Also this book had a believable plot and it made me listen in class.

I think that this book will would be good for boys and girls about 7th grade and up because of some of the scenes.
Aaron

wow
First of all I'd like to say that I don't even like reading that much. I think most books are really boring. But Louis Sachar books are insanely by far the best. Especially Small Steps. I read this book for a report. So since I knew I had to read a book I chose this one. And I liked it so much, (even though I don't like to read,) one night i read for two hours straight!!, I couldn't put it down literally. And it was the best part of the book too. When Armpit was gonna sell her letter that was embarrassing but then walked in the room and saw El Genius with the bat. That was the most intense part of the book. But Louis Sachar, you're my favorite author by far, and once again even though I don't like reading, i would never mind reading one of your books because they're wonderful and awesome and exciting and...other good things!
Ashley

Awesome book!
I thought it was awesome!!!! I couldn't stop reading it I did a book report on it and I got a A+!!!! Is there going to be another book coming out I mean I know how Kiara DeLeon is doing. I want to know if El Genius got out of jail and is out to kill Kiara!
John

John's review
This is a great book for teenagers. It has a brilliant plot line that can keep anyone hooked and I can't wait until Louis Sachar releases the next book in the series.

• Book Jacket: Death in Mud Lick
    Death in Mud Lick
    by Eric Eyre
    When Eric Eyre, investigative and statehouse reporter for the Charleston Gazette-Daily, began ...
    Orange World and Other Stories
    by Karen Russell
    Karen Russell has a tremendous gift for crafting uncanny, through-the-looking glass worlds that are ...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Longings
    The Book of Longings
    by Sue Monk Kidd
    The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd follows the life of Ana, a woman born in the Galilean city of ...
  • Book Jacket: Master Class
    Master Class
    by Christina Dalcher
    Christina Dalcher's Master Class shows America sleepwalking into a perfectionist eventuality not ...

Daughter of the Reich
    by Louise Fein

A spellbinding story of impossible love set against the backdrop of the Nazi regime.

The Prisoner's Wife
    by Maggie Brookes

Inspired by the true story of a courageous young woman who enters a Nazi POW camp to be with the man she loves.

The Paris Hours
by Alex George

One day in the City of Light. One night in search of lost time.

Win The House on Fripp Island

The House on Fripp Island
by Rebecca Kauffman

A taut, page-turning novel of secrets and strife.

B I T T Water