Reader reviews and comments on The City of Ember, plus links to write your own review.

The City of Ember

May 2004, 270 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for The City of Ember

Shara

Boring
I am a six grader that read this book for spring break. It ruined my spring break. It was boring and a snooze fest. You will get so bored untill you hit page 200 out of 270. Yah that is right. Also if you like book that aren't really cliff hangers this isnot the book for you. DONT READ IT!!!!!
mandi boo

stupid
I absolutely hated this book! it was the worst book that I've ever read and it was even worse than the Hobbit that they made me read in school. Just because I am saying this don't start thinking I'm stupid. I have a lot of favorite books and magazines and I'm in GT for everything in my school. I just think that Jeanne could have done a much better job. Heck! i found a few mistakes in there myself!
NO IM JUST JOSHIN YA!!!! it was a really great book and i absolutely loved it!! I just have one question...How did you come up with such a good book by yourself?

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...
  • Book Jacket: The Bell in the Lake
    The Bell in the Lake
    by Lars Mytting
    A legend from Lars Mytting's Norwegian hometown tells of two centuries-old church bells that, like ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R