Reader reviews and comments on The City of Ember, plus links to write your own review.

The City of Ember

May 2004, 270 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for The City of Ember

karli

Very Good
Best book ever written. after I read it, I couldn't stop myself from reading it over and over again.
emberlover2009

ember
The City of Ember was a great book, it was very suspenseful. I loved how it was like a race against time. The characters Line and Doon had the perfect attitude. I loved the fact that on job day Lina switched with Doon. Then Doon gave a little of foreshadowing of why the generator wasn't working. I read this book a while ago, and I'm hoping I forget what happens. So then when I read it again it will be just as suspenseful as it was the first time
yazzy d

This was an awsome book!!!!
This book was great! It kept me on my toes, always making me want to read more and more. By reading this book you will fall in love with the main characters, Lina and Doon. I give this book a big thumbs up!!!
cami

stunning
One of the greatest books I have read in a long time. The characters are very well captured and the detail is amazing. 2 thumbs up
kailey

Amazing!
This book is very good. It grabs your attention from the start and keeps it till the end. It always leaves you lots of questions and in the next chapter you get answers (most of the time). I would recommend this book to people who want a good read. I could not put this book down once I started reading it. Amazing!
kate_14

The City Of Ember
I would recommend The City Of Ember for people who like adventure and mysteries.
Brittany

Ember
It is a wonderful book for children all over the world
Cori

The City of Ember
This book is truly amazing. I am entering 4th grade and read this book in the spring/winter. I also read the sequel, and I am currently working on the prequel. the characters are easy to understand and very interesting. She makes them all very simple to relate to. Jeanne DuPrau leaves an engaging ending that makes the reader want to just keep on reading all the following adventures.I recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery or adventure.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...
  • Book Jacket: The Bell in the Lake
    The Bell in the Lake
    by Lars Mytting
    A legend from Lars Mytting's Norwegian hometown tells of two centuries-old church bells that, like ...
  • Book Jacket: Leave the World Behind
    Leave the World Behind
    by Rumaan Alam
    Amanda, Clay and their two teenage children have rented a remote vacation home in Long Island to ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it.

I I M B T Give T T R