Reader reviews and comments on The City of Ember, plus links to write your own review.

The City of Ember

May 2004, 270 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for The City of Ember

Autum

!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this book. My teacher assigned us to read the book. Every page made me hungry for more!! This book can make you think about life. You have to read it. I have read "The People of Sparks" and "The Profet Of Yonwood." I love This book
Alia

Excellent book.
I am in the sixth grade. My teacher read this book to the class aloud each day. Everyday she would read two chapters to us. At first, the book seemed pretty dull, and boring. But then, as she continued, the book began to kill us with suspense. She used to leave off at the most suspensing part, and then have us move on to something different. I love this book. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

The plot itself is pretty interesting. It is kinda creepy how they find out that they were, after all living underground.

I am going to buy the sequel to "The City of Ember", which is "The People Of Sparks." There is also the prequel which is the most recent book of Ember which is called "The Prophet Of Yonderwood." My friend bought these books before the teacher read it to us, and I currently have all three of them. I borrowed them from her. I love these books soo much. I'm currently on the first chapter of "The Prophet Of Yonderwood."
brianna scott

the city of ember
i think this book is a good detailed story of what could possibly had happened in the past or is going to happen in the future
Elyssa

Great Book!!!
The City of Ember is the perfect book for anyone who likes mystery and/or suspense. I loved it from the mysterious beginning to the cliffhangrt ending, and recommend it to everyone between ten and fourteen.
culley

precise
This book was very mysterious but then very dramatic at the same time. In my opinion this book was well organized and the plot stayed the same.
Al-x

AWESOME
I'M IN 6TH GRADE AND I PERSONALLY LOVED THE BOOK! YOU JUST WANT TO KEEP READING! I AM NOW READING THE 2ND BOOK BECAUSE THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD!
bobby

Great book
i enjoyed reading this book for many reasons...... i like a good mystery and i like to be confused. But also in a way you knew what was going to come next...... i enjoyed doing a book report on this book......actually it was perfect. I ACTUALLY enjoyed presenting it to the class. So i would recommend this book to many people......and by the way the ending is a biggggggg surprise and its just amazing...............wooh i just love it mannn!!!!!

aiight......peace

bobby
krisie

Cool
This book was really good. You never know whats happening next! I think that their should have been more to the ending though!

Cya

Today's Top Picks

The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste
    While reading The Shadow King by Maaza Mengiste, I was reminded of the David Foster Wallace novel ...
  • Book Jacket: The Exiles
    The Exiles
    by Christina Baker Kline
    A young governess finds herself pregnant and in prison for theft and attempted murder. An Irish ...
  • Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R