What readers think of 47, plus links to write your own review.

47 by Walter Mosley X
47 by Walter Mosley

May 2005, 240 pages

Nov 2006, 240 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for 47

Bertha Lipanda

47 by Walter Mosley
It a really good book that keeps you engaged all the time as you read it.
Leaha

Perfect
I am doing a fiction book report, and this is by far the best book I have ever read. I really am glad I picked this book for my class.
Shay

A really good book!
I consider this book as one of the best books that I have read so far.
Nancy Jones

An Excellent Depiction of Slavery with a Unique Twist
This was one of the best YA books I read! The depiction of the abuses of slavery was very realistic. The main character was a slave boy who was sent to work in the fields after he finally reached a certain age. Before he had been in the main house, where he had a close relationship with his mother. When he went to the field though, he hardly saw his mother. The other slaves in the field hand's cabins were very discouraged and more than a little rough. Luckily, his mother had some of the main field hands helping him adjust. He worked harder than he ever worked, with little food. The book is saved from being totally depressing when another black boy shows up. He teaches the field hands to believe they are worth more than their masters think, that they should believe in themselves, & have hope (for he predicts it won't always be like it is). A science fiction element is added when we find the boy is not from that time.
Kathy

i donno
I am doing this book for a historical fiction assignment. I liked it (:
Soulstealr

The Review of 47
I am actually quite disappointed with this book. I had to read this for a u.s. history project, so I thought it would just be another slave narrative. that wasn't the case. This is a fantasy book. Simple as that. Although there was a total lack of history, I do have to credit the book as being at least entertaining. This is a shorter book, and it keeps you reading it. If you are into obscure history twisted with random science fiction then this is the book for you.
Dannielle Nicole

Ugh?
I read this for an ap history project, and was very upset. this has pretty much nothing to do with real history and made writing a historical book review very difficult.

High John The Conqueror

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...
  • Book Jacket: All the Lonely People
    All the Lonely People
    by Mike Gayle
    Mike Gayle's charming novel All the Lonely People introduces us to Hubert Bird, an 82-year-old ...
  • Book Jacket: Perish
    Perish
    by LaToya Watkins
    It's a commonly cited fact that many perpetrators of sexual abuse, particularly men, are victims of ...
  • Book Jacket: Afterlives
    Afterlives
    by Abdulrazak Gurnah
    Afterlives, from Nobel Prize winner Abdulrazak Gurnah, begins in late 19th century East Africa in ...

The Ways We Hide
by Kristina McMorris

Members Recommend

Natural History
    by Andrea Barrett

The Family Izquierdo
    by Rubén Degollado

A masterful debut that weaves together the lives of three generations of a Mexican American family bound by love, and a curse.

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

Y Can't G H A