MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Kite Runner, plus links to write your own review.

The Kite Runner

by Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini X
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Jun 2003, 368 pages
    Apr 2004, 384 pages

There are currently 77 reader reviews for The Kite Runner

Jutharat

the best book ive read...
I finished reading The Kite Runner and i found it beautifully written. I would love to read more of Khaled Hosseini's upcoming books....it was very touching to the heart and I really enjoyed reading through it! Beautiful work on the book!
Michael

One of the very best books I have ever read. Actually it's the best book I've ever read and there isn't even a close second. While the setting of the story is interesting and timely and certainly adds to the experience, the moral messages are what make the book special. The themes of love, betrayal, loyalty, redemption, and courage are pure and raw and cut straight to your soul. While portions of the book are difficult to read due to violent and oftentimes depressing content, the story is ultimately inspirational and sublime. I have never written a book review before and probably never will again. Please read this book! You won't be sorry.
Karen B

This powerful book had a compelling plot that drew the reader into the story. The characters were real and you felt as if you knew them. You journeyed with them through all the ups and downs and felt their joy and sorrow. A real page-turner!!
Hilda

Powerful and unputdownable!
jeff

a hard to put down and overall great book.
mary

I could not put this book down. Haunting and sad, but a wonderful story nonetheless. Fantastic
Karen White

Fabulous, just fabulous
Lisa

After hearing rave reviews of The Kite Runner and having it on my 'To Be Read' pile for quite some time, I finally took the time to read it. I was expecting a depressing read.

I was wrong. The Kite Runner- while laced with pain, betrayal, disappointment, and loss is a book that, in the end, is full of hope, redemption, and love. I left the book not wanting the story to end and cannot wait for Hosseini's next book in 2006.

One-Month Free

Discover books that
entertain, engage & enlighten.

• Book Jacket: The Color of Air
    The Color of Air
    by Gail Tsukiyama
    Daniel was raised in Hilo, Hawaii by Japanese immigrant parents. Having traveled to the U.S. ...
    The Volunteer
    by Jack Fairweather
    Though many found The Volunteer a challenging read, First Impressions responses were overwhelmingly ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Flight
    The Last Flight
    by Julie Clark
    Julie Clark's second novel, The Last Flight, is the tale of two women, each desperate to escape an ...
  • Book Jacket: Of Bears and Ballots
    Of Bears and Ballots
    by Heather Lende
    Heather Lende has lived in Haines, Alaska for nearly four decades. In that time, she has been ...

Hieroglyphics
    by Jill McCorkle

A mesmerizing novel about piecing together the hieroglyphics of history and memory.

The Woman Before Wallis
    by Bryn Turnbull

The true story of the American divorcée who captured the Prince's heart before Wallis.

The Last Flight
by Julie Clark

The story of two women and one agonizing decision that will change the trajectory of both of their lives.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Wedding Thief

The Wedding Thief
by Mary Simses

Funny, soulful, and as sweet as buttercream, The Wedding Thief is the perfect summer read.

N M Cup O T