MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Kite Runner, plus links to write your own review.

The Kite Runner

by Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini X
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Jun 2003, 368 pages
    Apr 2004, 384 pages

There are currently 77 reader reviews for The Kite Runner

Jutharat

the best book ive read...
I finished reading The Kite Runner and i found it beautifully written. I would love to read more of Khaled Hosseini's upcoming books....it was very touching to the heart and I really enjoyed reading through it! Beautiful work on the book!
Michael

One of the very best books I have ever read. Actually it's the best book I've ever read and there isn't even a close second. While the setting of the story is interesting and timely and certainly adds to the experience, the moral messages are what make the book special. The themes of love, betrayal, loyalty, redemption, and courage are pure and raw and cut straight to your soul. While portions of the book are difficult to read due to violent and oftentimes depressing content, the story is ultimately inspirational and sublime. I have never written a book review before and probably never will again. Please read this book! You won't be sorry.
Karen B

This powerful book had a compelling plot that drew the reader into the story. The characters were real and you felt as if you knew them. You journeyed with them through all the ups and downs and felt their joy and sorrow. A real page-turner!!
Hilda

Powerful and unputdownable!
jeff

a hard to put down and overall great book.
mary

I could not put this book down. Haunting and sad, but a wonderful story nonetheless. Fantastic
Karen White

Fabulous, just fabulous
Lisa

After hearing rave reviews of The Kite Runner and having it on my 'To Be Read' pile for quite some time, I finally took the time to read it. I was expecting a depressing read.

I was wrong. The Kite Runner- while laced with pain, betrayal, disappointment, and loss is a book that, in the end, is full of hope, redemption, and love. I left the book not wanting the story to end and cannot wait for Hosseini's next book in 2006.

• Book Jacket: Father of Lions
    Father of Lions
    by Louise Callaghan
    Our readers have given high marks to Father of Lions by Louise Callaghan. Out of 21 reviewers, 18 ...
    Girl, Woman, Other
    by Bernardine Evaristo
    As we meet Amma, a 50-something playwright finally experiencing mainstream success in Bernardine ...
  • Book Jacket: The Revisioners
    The Revisioners
    by Margaret Wilkerson Sexton
    The chapters of Margaret Wilkerson Sexton's second novel, The Revisioners, alternate between three ...
  • Book Jacket: Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    by Dexter Palmer
    The year is 1726 and the sleepy town of Godalming has been rocked by scandal. Called to the bedside ...

The Lost Man
by Jane Harper

"Strong characters, riveting plot and an honest look at life in the Australian outback make it easy to give this 5-stars!"
—BookBrowse

Remembrance
    by Rita Woods

A breakout debut with modern resonance, perfect for fans of The Underground Railroad and Orphan Train.

American Dirt
    by Jeanine Cummins

A new American classic, and the first book to ever score a perfect 5-stars in BookBrowse's early reader program!

Win The Adventurer's Son

Publishing Soon!
The Adventurer's Son

"A brave and marvelous book. A page-turner that will rip your heart out."
--Jon Krakauer