What readers think of Rich Dad, Poor Dad, plus links to write your own review.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad

What the Rich Teach Their Kids about Money--that the Poor and the Middle Class Do Not!

by Robert Kiyosaki, Sharon L. Lechter

Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki, Sharon L. Lechter X
Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki, Sharon L. Lechter

• Paperback:
    Apr 2000, 223 pages

There are currently 15 reader reviews for Rich Dad, Poor Dad

Rathod Roshani

very good
When I started to read this book I learned lots of new things and business ideas. I realize the importance of money. This book is really very good.
Yoven

Reader
Motivating!
Aman Bhandari

nothing
Love it - very strong
Razaz Elghali

It was amazing
The book was really good, and I actually learnt new things that the teachers at school didn’t teach us. I am very happy that I read this book.
Faisal Shaikh

Very interesting, gives you knowledge and develops your skills!
It is really a lovely book. I loved it. Totally worth it, really, I am really fascinated. It's amazing. Read it you will know.
Chetana

Inspiring
It’s pretty motivating.
Sumeet shah

Changing people's thought to live
I love this book so much because it's changed my thinking how to think in a positive way and how to build my own desire.
Judson White

Avoiding the "rat race"
In the book, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Robert T. Kiyosaki sheds light on how to stay out of debt and make your money work for you. “It’s a rat race” says Kiyosaki -“They work for the owners of their company, for the government paying taxes, and for the bank paying off a mortgage and credit cards.” He lectures and teaches that you don’t have to go and get a safe of secure job. It’s just the entrance to the “rat race”, a place that you are trying to get away from.
Kiyosaki gives some practical advice which at first seems easy, but understanding how to implement it may be more difficult. He says that the average working person works for money, even chases for the money. At a regular job a person works for their paycheck and that is as far as they will get and as much money as they will make. Kiyosaki suggest that as a working individual you need to let your money work for you. He gives a plethora of examples to how to allow your money to work for you, but one of the most important insights is to make this happen early in your career.
As pointed out in the book, times have changed in this fast paced world and so has the way to make money. The advice that is given in the book is more present and practical than most parents’ advice. The parents have grown up in a different environment when it was best to get a job in a company as a protected employee. If you don’t want to have to live from pay check week to week and month to month, you better be willing to think outside of the box.
I really enjoyed this piece of counsel; entrepreneurs have to be able to problem solve when things don’t go as planned. They need to find their niche in life and then run with it. You have to be willing to take risk if you want to get money. One of the only problems in this book is really being able to apply it to your situation. I didn’t feel like Kiyosaki really shared how to apply this to someone who is just getting out of college and trying to avoid the “rat race” altogether. Overall it was a great book with many great insights and I would recommend it to anyone trying to become wiser in business strategy. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...

The Ways We Hide