Announcing our Top 20 Books of 2022 and Award Winners

What readers think of The Lake of Dead Languages, plus links to write your own review.

The Lake of Dead Languages

by Carol Goodman

The Lake of Dead Languages by Carol Goodman X
The Lake of Dead Languages by Carol Goodman

Jan 2002, 390 pages

Jan 2003, 413 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for The Lake of Dead Languages

Toffe

The classic context and the use of Latin made me interested. Of course I should have guessed from the kitchy cover what is all about. Commercial trash that makes you feel empty inside. Disappointment because I excepted something interesting.

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

• Book Jacket: Horse
    Horse
    by Geraldine Brooks
    Voted 2022 Best Fiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. Geraldine Brooks creates a ...
  • Book Jacket: In Love
    In Love
    by Amy Bloom
    Voted 2022 Best Nonfiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. In 2019, author Amy Bloom and her...
  • Book Jacket: Remarkably Bright Creatures
    Remarkably Bright Creatures
    by Shelby Van Pelt
    Voted 2022 Best Debut Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. Shelby Van Pelt's debut novel, ...

Members Recommend

Scatterlings
    by Resoketswe Martha Manenzhe

The debut novel of a gifted storyteller who has become a sensation in her native South Africa.

The Big Holiday Wordplay

The Bell in the Lake
by Lars Mytting

Information is the currency of democracy