Reader reviews and comments on Valhalla Rising, plus links to write your own review.

Valhalla Rising

Jul 2002, 528 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for Valhalla Rising

Salys

By far Cussler's best!!
Valhalla Rising was my 12th Cussler book in under a year and I must say it was definitely the best. The best part of Dirk Pitt's adventures is that they don't have to be historically accurate in order to be a good story. The shocking twists make the story. I'm 16 and I finished this book in less than 9 hours, it's too gripping to put down. Definitely good for Cussler newbies!!
uber

awesome!!!!!!!!!
Ryon

Great book. This is my first Dirk Pitt novel, and I thought it was fantastic. The surprise at the end was difficult to believe, but I thout it was exiting. I am a 14 year old from Canada, and was deeply entertained.5/5
Nathaniel

Cussler has done it again!!! Now, it's surprising that some people would say, "This book stinks," when this is one of his best books ever. He is soooooo good!!!! I just can't wait for his next book!!
Spud

This book is excellent, keeping you wondering what will happen next. Very well written and keeps you in it all the way.
John

Excellent! really enjoyed the read, Ending was bizarre are trying to put Dirk out to pasture or is this the beginning of a fiendish plot for the novel. Thanks
Fieldy

This book was awesome! The 'surprise' at the end was bizarre and entertaining!
Shadow

Valhalla Rising is even better the second time around...the only problem is the "surprise" ending, which as any Pitt fan will tell you is impossible.

• Book Jacket: That Time I Loved You
    That Time I Loved You
    by Carianne Leung
    Carrianne Leung was a Toronto Book Award finalist for That Time I Loved You as well as for her debut...
  • Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...

A People's History of Heaven
    by Mathangi Subramanian

A story of love and friendship, and fighting for the places we love.

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!