What readers think of Valhalla Rising, plus links to write your own review.

Valhalla Rising

Jul 2002, 528 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for Valhalla Rising

Salys

By far Cussler's best!!
Valhalla Rising was my 12th Cussler book in under a year and I must say it was definitely the best. The best part of Dirk Pitt's adventures is that they don't have to be historically accurate in order to be a good story. The shocking twists make the story. I'm 16 and I finished this book in less than 9 hours, it's too gripping to put down. Definitely good for Cussler newbies!!
uber

awesome!!!!!!!!!
Ryon

Great book. This is my first Dirk Pitt novel, and I thought it was fantastic. The surprise at the end was difficult to believe, but I thout it was exiting. I am a 14 year old from Canada, and was deeply entertained.5/5
Nathaniel

Cussler has done it again!!! Now, it's surprising that some people would say, "This book stinks," when this is one of his best books ever. He is soooooo good!!!! I just can't wait for his next book!!
Spud

This book is excellent, keeping you wondering what will happen next. Very well written and keeps you in it all the way.
John

Excellent! really enjoyed the read, Ending was bizarre are trying to put Dirk out to pasture or is this the beginning of a fiendish plot for the novel. Thanks
Fieldy

This book was awesome! The 'surprise' at the end was bizarre and entertaining!
Shadow

Valhalla Rising is even better the second time around...the only problem is the "surprise" ending, which as any Pitt fan will tell you is impossible.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

Some of It Was Real
    by Nan Fischer
    Nan Fischer is an Oregon Book Award finalist for her previous novels When Elephants Fly and The ...
  • Book Jacket: The Most Precious Substance on Earth
    The Most Precious Substance on Earth
    by Shashi Bhat
    Think of all the worst parts of puberty — all the moments you partially miss or brood about ...
    Lightning Strike
    by William Kent Krueger
    It is the summer of 1963 in Tamarack County, Minnesota. Just outside the small town of Aurora, ...
  • Book Jacket: Bitch
    Bitch
    by Lucy Cooke
    In middle school biology class, many of us were told that men hunt and women nest, that testosterone...

Members Recommend

Widowland
    by C. J. Carey

A thrilling feminist dystopian novel set in an alternate 1950s Britain under the control of the Third Reich.

Dirt Creek
    by Hayley Scrivenor

"A heart-wrenching mystery, Scrivenor's remarkable sense of place brings Dirt Creek to life. A stellar debut."
    —Jane Harper,

No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up

I Wishes W H B W R