Reader reviews and comments on P Is For Peril, plus links to write your own review.

P Is For Peril

Jun 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 16 reader reviews for P Is For Peril

J K

Great til the end
I enjoyed the book very much until I reached the (end)? I just drops like someone in mid sentence, no closure, as if missing the last chapter - very very upsetting - couldn't believe it - that was just mean.
Yanique

whose is the murderer?
It is the best Kinsey Millhone series yet...but... what happened to the end?

Wierd...but it was a good book!!
Shawn B

I also thought this was a great book up until the end. It was missing the usual commentary given by Kinsey at the end. I actually went to a couple of bookstores and looked up the book to make sure my copy wasn't missing any pages.
Azhar

I didn't get the ending! I also felt like something was missing. Seems like everyone else in here felt the same way. Does anyone have any idea? I think it was L or P . Someone explain!!!
roy h.

better than previous books, but ending was strange. seems to have
missed something along the way
DebbieR

P is for Peril
Kind of disappointed. At pg 250, nothing had really happened.. and then everything sort of ended without real resolution. Total waste of time!
DoctorJ

Anica and Crystal
A previous reader is correct: When Kinsey first meets Anica, she's fresh from a shower, and Crystal is just then showering. Add that Anica works at an all-girls school (admittedly equivocal), and Crystal is insistent on Leila spending the night at her step-father's, perhaps to give A&C a weekend alone.

The clincher, such as it is, comes at the end of the book. {Spoiler removed}

As I read in a review somewhere, there are no likable characters in this book, possibly excepting the doctor, and then only if he was not involved in the fraud at all.
jan4jc

Not all that satisfying
Even though I figured out "whodunit", I still like the author to confirm it, and that didn't happen in this one.

For those who aren't sure, reread Kinsey's first interview with Anica and Crystal, then reread the last few pages. Pay attention to all the little nuances. (Remember the type of school Anica works at and the fact that there wasn't an affair with Clint Augustine after all.)

Not my favorite, but not my least favorite either.

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: To Be a Man
    To Be a Man
    by Nicole Krauss
    While, as its title hints, To Be a Man by Nicole Krauss is concerned with masculinity, it renders a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Office of Historical Corrections
    The Office of Historical Corrections
    by Danielle Evans
    In The Office of Historical Corrections, the second story collection from Danielle Evans, readers ...
    The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

• Book Jacket: Nights When Nothing Happened
    Nights When Nothing Happened
    by Simon Han
    A quiet atmosphere of dread permeates Simon Han's subdued debut novel Nights When Nothing Happened. ...

At the Edge of the Haight
    by Katherine Seligman

Winner of the 2019 PEN/Bellwether Prize for Socially Engaged Fiction.

The Prophets
    by Robert Jones Jr.

A stunning debut novel about the forbidden union between two enslaved young men on a Deep South plantation.

The Moment of Lift
by Melinda Gates
How can we summon a moment of lift for women? Because when you lift up women, you lift up humanity.

Harvard is the storehouse of knowledge because the freshmen bring so much in and the graduates take so little out.

T M T C, T M T Stay T S