We are proud to announce that BookBrowse has won Platinum in the 2024 Modern Library Awards.

What readers think of P Is For Peril, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Jun 2001, 304 pages

Jun 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 16 reader reviews for P Is For Peril

tanya

I agree with the other readers. I thought the epilogue had been left out of my book. Too many loose ends, the ending left me wondering who did what! I don't feel this was Ms. Grafton's best work. It is the only book in the series where she does not wrapped up the story.
Reeve Estioko

I am really confused about the ending. I am trying to figure out who actually was the murderer.
Jan

I also felt something was missing in the end. Story was a little disjointed to me. I was disapointed.
Courtney

The book had a very strange ending or the publisher left out a chapter. It was very different than her previous books. Otherwise, it was a great book.
Shauna

Dissatisfying
I measure a good mystery by a good ending and this one had NONE! Grafton is a great writer, but not always on her game as far as a storyteller. This book left me nothing but aggravated. My favorite is still F is for Fugitive.
Ron W

I agree with the concerns of all the other confused readers of "P". Who did it? Where was the epilogue? Why was it not included ? Has this concern been answered by the author or publisher??
joesteph

So, who dun it? I went back and read the last few pages. Was something left out? No closure

Was it the daughter?
Ann

I'm still trying to figure out who did it. Otherwise, good book.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: One Hour of Fervor
    One Hour of Fervor
    by Muriel Barbery
    Set during multiple decades across the turn of the 21st century, One Hour of Fervor follows Haru, a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Ascent
    The Ascent
    by Adam Plantinga
    Adam Plantinga's brilliant debut novel, The Ascent, introduces readers to former Detroit police ...
  • Book Jacket: The Curse of Pietro Houdini
    The Curse of Pietro Houdini
    by Derek B. Miller
    Derek B. Miller's sixth novel, The Curse of Pietro Houdini, opens in the town of Cassino, Italy, in ...
  • Book Jacket: Our Moon
    Our Moon
    by Rebecca Boyle
    In Our Moon: How Earth's Celestial Companion Transformed the Planet, Guided Evolution, and Made Us ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Mockingbird Summer
by Lynda Rutledge
A powerful and emotional coming-of-age novel set in the 1960s by the bestselling author of West with Giraffes.

Members Recommend

Strong Passions
    by Barbara Weisberg

Shocking revelations of a wife's adultery in 19th New York explode in an incendiary trial exposing the upper-crust and its secrets.

Leaving
    by Roxana Robinson

An engrossing exploration of the vows we make to one another and what we owe to others and ourselves.

Win This Book
Win The Cleaner

The Cleaner
by Brandi Wells

Rarely has cubicle culture been depicted in such griminess or with such glee."
PW (starred review)