Reader reviews and comments on La Cucina, plus links to write your own review.

La Cucina

Sep 2001, 288 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for La Cucina

Maria T. Miranda

Reader
I enjoyed this novel because it represents all cultural identities reflecting on food, family, morals, economic status, and yes love & romance that most people like the character Rosa seem to think is impossible. Although, I am not Italian, I love the Italian cusine and I have recommended this book to many of my friends to read. They should produce a movie based on this novel.
Carol Ann Green

This was a laugh out loud book. I don't know when I have enjoyed a quick read more.
Rosa has all the innocence and comfort within her skin that we all wish we had. A more than perfect example of the disfunctional family. And aren't they all. I can't remember when I have enjoyed a story more.
Alanna

This book is a colorful story of true Sicilian life. La Cucina is a truly captivating and beautiful story. I haven't read such a wonderful story in years. I look forward to enjoying yet another novel from Ms. Prior in the near future.
Patricia Floro

For the first time in 10 years, I have found a book that I could not put down. I am of Italian decent and married a man right off the boat from Italy. With each page I was reading parts of my life and about my family. I laughed until it hurt, I cried and I cheared! What a wonderful, touching story. I look forward to reading more of Ms. Priors books. She writes with great emotion and humour. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous

This book was phenomenal,especially due to the fact that it is a fiction and cookbook combined!Yes, I managed to make one of her fabulous dishes.The story is wonderfully humane, it reads easily and makes you want more.It captures your imagination,makes you laugh,cry and hungry!Well done Lily Prior!

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    by Chloe Benjamin
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    Published by New Directions for the first time in English, Romain Gary's The Kites tells a story of ...

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig