Reader reviews and comments on La Cucina, plus links to write your own review.

La Cucina

A Novel of Rapture

by Lily Prior

La Cucina

Nov 2000, 288 pages
    Sep 2001, 288 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for La Cucina

Maria T. Miranda (09/23/06)

Reader
I enjoyed this novel because it represents all cultural identities reflecting on food, family, morals, economic status, and yes love & romance that most people like the character Rosa seem to think is impossible. Although, I am not Italian, I love the Italian cusine and I have recommended this book to many of my friends to read. They should produce a movie based on this novel.
Carol Ann Green (07/27/04)

This was a laugh out loud book. I don't know when I have enjoyed a quick read more.
Rosa has all the innocence and comfort within her skin that we all wish we had. A more than perfect example of the disfunctional family. And aren't they all. I can't remember when I have enjoyed a story more.
Alanna (05/01/03)

This book is a colorful story of true Sicilian life. La Cucina is a truly captivating and beautiful story. I haven't read such a wonderful story in years. I look forward to enjoying yet another novel from Ms. Prior in the near future.
Patricia Floro (06/26/02)

For the first time in 10 years, I have found a book that I could not put down. I am of Italian decent and married a man right off the boat from Italy. With each page I was reading parts of my life and about my family. I laughed until it hurt, I cried and I cheared! What a wonderful, touching story. I look forward to reading more of Ms. Priors books. She writes with great emotion and humour. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous (10/11/01)

This book was phenomenal,especially due to the fact that it is a fiction and cookbook combined!Yes, I managed to make one of her fabulous dishes.The story is wonderfully humane, it reads easily and makes you want more.It captures your imagination,makes you laugh,cry and hungry!Well done Lily Prior!

One Month Free Membership

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

Underground Airlines