Reader reviews and comments on La Cucina, plus links to write your own review.

La Cucina

Sep 2001, 288 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for La Cucina

Maria T. Miranda

Reader
I enjoyed this novel because it represents all cultural identities reflecting on food, family, morals, economic status, and yes love & romance that most people like the character Rosa seem to think is impossible. Although, I am not Italian, I love the Italian cusine and I have recommended this book to many of my friends to read. They should produce a movie based on this novel.
Carol Ann Green

This was a laugh out loud book. I don't know when I have enjoyed a quick read more.
Rosa has all the innocence and comfort within her skin that we all wish we had. A more than perfect example of the disfunctional family. And aren't they all. I can't remember when I have enjoyed a story more.
Alanna

This book is a colorful story of true Sicilian life. La Cucina is a truly captivating and beautiful story. I haven't read such a wonderful story in years. I look forward to enjoying yet another novel from Ms. Prior in the near future.
Patricia Floro

For the first time in 10 years, I have found a book that I could not put down. I am of Italian decent and married a man right off the boat from Italy. With each page I was reading parts of my life and about my family. I laughed until it hurt, I cried and I cheared! What a wonderful, touching story. I look forward to reading more of Ms. Priors books. She writes with great emotion and humour. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This book was phenomenal,especially due to the fact that it is a fiction and cookbook combined!Yes, I managed to make one of her fabulous dishes.The story is wonderfully humane, it reads easily and makes you want more.It captures your imagination,makes you laugh,cry and hungry!Well done Lily Prior!

Join BookBrowse

The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

• Book Jacket: Nights When Nothing Happened
    Nights When Nothing Happened
    by Simon Han
    A quiet atmosphere of dread permeates Simon Han's subdued debut novel Nights When Nothing Happened. ...
  • Book Jacket: Take It Back
    Take It Back
    by Kia Abdullah
    In Kia Abdullah's novel Take It Back, sexual violence advisor Zara Kaleel becomes involved in a case...
  • Book Jacket: Dark, Salt, Clear
    Dark, Salt, Clear
    by Lamorna Ash
    Named after Lamorna Cove in her mother's rural home county of Cornwall (located in southwestern ...

The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict

The real-life disappearance of Agatha Christie is perhaps her greatest mystery of all.

The Fortunate Ones
    by Ed Tarkington

An engrossing story of class, love, and loyalty for fans of Kevin Wilson's Nothing to See Here.

Waiting for the Night Song
by Julie Carrick Dalton
A startling and timely debut about friendships forged in childhood and ruptured by the high price of secrets.
Win This Book!
Win The House on Vesper Sands

The House on Vesper Sands by Paraic O'Donnell

Introducing a detective duo for the ages who unlock the secrets of a startling Victorian mystery.

T T T Light F