Reader reviews and comments on Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone, plus links to write your own review.

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

1st Published in UK as Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone

by J.K. (Joanne) Rowling

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. (Joanne) Rowling X
Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. (Joanne) Rowling

Sep 1998, 309 pages
    Sep 1999, 312 pages

There are currently 282 reader reviews for Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

tomy

HarryPotter1
I have never read such a wondrous and time consuming book. A true legend Potter will be, for years and years to come.
kelly

2 thumbs up!
This book has inspired me to read more at school and at home. I love the Harry Potter series and I'm in the middle of reading the second one! I think J.K Rowling is a great author with a creative imagination! Two thumbs up! :)
painted caves 23

da da da
It was full of action and intense suspense. I loved how J.K. Rowling displayed the characters. She makes every feel like they are special. My favorite part is the end when the characters head below the trapped door. They defeat their challenges as we all should in life. When that hurdle comes right at us, we should believe in ourselves and jump over the hurdle. I would recommend this book to all children and adults.
englandlover99

AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!
I am a very big reader and this book was AWESOME! I loved it very much, now my brother is reading it. he's only half way through, and he thinks that it's brilliant already! I absolutely LOVED this book and would reccomend it to everyone!
Kennedy

Wizardly Awesome
Being in the fifth grade: I loved it. From the first page to the last, the book kept me reading. There was suspense, action, adventure with danger thrown in there. A must read book for all to enjoy....
me

Some
It is great. About the greatest book I ever read.I read a lot of books but this one is the best one in my opinion. It is adventurous, fun, mysterious, and even suspenseful. I love this book.
6th Grader

Harry Potter #1
This book is the reason I started and enjoy reading. Must I say more?
Harry Potter Wanna-be

The Best Book
Okay, for one thing, I'm a 10 year-old girl, and I LOVE reading. (If you cracked an egg on my head, and I was reading? I wouldn't care) The book is really great, and it inspired ME to write books! I even had this Harry Potter #8 idea, but it's really no good. The book inspired me and a lot of my friends, to read a LOT more. The books are inspirational!

Grace