Reader reviews and comments on Daughter of Fortune, plus links to write your own review.

Daughter of Fortune

by Isabel Allende

Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende

Oct 1999, 416 pages
    Sep 2000, 400 pages

There are currently 20 reader reviews for Daughter of Fortune

Sarah

I'm 17, and I read this book twice. I thought it was very well written, and I was able to learn something about an era that I wasn't familiar with. It is a very detailed novel, and the plot was very well developed. I would recommend this novel to anyone.
Sabdy

This book was amazing! I was asked to read it for my Spanish class, and as soon as I saw the cover, I knew that this book would be different. I also knew that I wouldn't appreciate it the way I wanted to if I read it in Spanish, therefore I read it in English first. I strongly recommend this book to everyone, men or women. It gives a new perspective to women and how the Gold Rush affected all colors of people looking for a new life.
lauren curren

thanks the book was wonderful i liked it alot.......
Jessica

i'm a teenager girl, who always hated reading until, my english teacher made us search for books of dreams! when i saw the cover on Daught of fortune, i notices that the cover wasn't like the others(i judge the book by its cover)! I now love to read because of this one book, that an excellent auther had written inspired me to continue reading!
YM

i loved the book.it really attracts you to read it.i really recommend it.
mb

Love her style of building the characters, just about the time you question why something is happening an entire chapter seems to appear. I can hardly wait to read other works by Allende.
candice leung

i really enjoyed this book!
ediec

Read this book when it first came out & loved it. I like historical fiction & like Allende's writing. If you liked this book I recommend that you read her sequel "Portrait in Sepia" which continues the story of Eliza and her family.

• Book Jacket: The Amber Shadows
    The Amber Shadows
    by Lucy Ribchester
    The Amber Shadows sweeps readers into the realm of World War II-era Britain where Honor "Honey" ...
  • Book Jacket: Midwinter Break

The Twelve-Mile Straight
    by Eleanor Henderson

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E